Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do this once in a while. I think it keeps everything healthy in my drivetrain. Anybody else? (The pic is a few weeks old - it was taken and I forgot to post. Oh and by the way, closed course, professional driver, etc)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Gauge Speedometer

·
2,170 Posts
Reactions: diesel and spaycace

·
Registered
611 Posts
I do the same. Seems to help clean the sensors.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I do the same just do it auto mode. I do a full throttle thing just about everyday at least once. :grin:

Reactions: diesel

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
I hit redline a few times a tank, about every 10,000 miles I will do 30 miles of hilly interstate and leave the transmission M5. My 1.4T seems to be prone to carboning up, probably from spending 98% of its life at less than 2000RPM. Sounds great after 30 minutes above 3000RPM.

I should add I topped off my tank and drove 100 miles in M5 once, still managed within 1MPG of my normal average when I topped off again!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just tried it and made the tires come loose in 2nd gear backed off and went again but a little slower on the throttle. Made sure I cooled the engine down after.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I don't own a diesel at the present time ... but I did own a 1981 Pontiac Grand Prix with 5.7L diesel, non-turbo, and I used to floor that thing on a regular basis to "roll smoke" for people behind me that were tailgating! As for nowadays ... I frequently blow the cobwebs out of every vehicle I drive. (in an approved environment of course)

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The power definitely rolls off after about 4500ish

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
The power definitely rolls off after about 4500ish
thats prolly why in auto mode it shifts at around 4500. Kinda hard to keep it wide open in auto mode because I get going to fast pretty quickly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts