Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bnr tuned stock Chevy 1.4lt engine 3 cylinders are 0 compression this is now the second time in less than a year a motor has blown luckily it's warenteed but idk if bnr is as trustworthy as they say but looks like this is the end of me and the Cruze looking at new vehicles asap

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not trying to bash bnr but it seems to be the tune that messes up Everytime nothing mechanical is damaged besides the piston rings being fried and blown out oil saturated the spark plugs and little bits of metal collected in the catch can. Others have had great success with simple bnr box tune but not me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After I blew the 80k mile motor I got a brand new crate engine from Chevy and drove it for 5k miles on stock tune not exceeding 3k rpm to break it in and around 15k it blew again not the same way tho this was brand new the last time the intake broke and flooded the engine with oil this time it justbl blew apart the piston rings destroying sidewalls

Registered
Yeah, keep in mind the 1.4L makes like 150HP stock, and (from what I read) when tuners got it to about 190-200HP, they simultaneously maxed out the turbocharger (running it at very high RPM) and the fuel injectors hit 100% duty cycle (so any issue would cause leanouts). I could imagine tune + any significant "speed parts" on there could also hit these maximums. Sorry for your loss!

Registered
My 12 went 190,000 miles trouble free other than the PCV. My daughter has a 2011 Cruze with 110,000 miles roughly and only PCV problems.

Cars now a days are designed to last 250,000 miles or more so to blow up 2 engines in a year you either got 2 bad engines or driving them to hard or neglect

1 - 20 of 20 Posts