Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! My son is the owner of a 2014 Cruze LS with the 1.8L. I've been trying to help him solve a problem with his car. Car was running rough. Scanned the codes and it showed P0301, P0352, P0201, P0261. All indications pointed to a blown coil. So to make a long story short, we blew through multiple coils and multiple fuses. Doing searches online led to many ideas, all of which failed. Finally called a mechanic and he said he had another Cruze in earlier in the week with the same problem and it was an easy fix.

Turns out, the middle PCM cable connector was full of water and horribly corroded. They pulled the connector apart, cleaned it up, added some dielectric grease, replaced the last blown coil and it runs like a top now. Well, as good as a Cruze will run that is.

Based on the number of posts I found with people complaining about similar symptoms, I'm guessing this is a common problem amongst Cruzes. I don't think it is limited to just the 1.8L either.

Hope this helps somebody down the road.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,981 Posts
Hi all! My son is the owner of a 2014 Cruze LS with the 1.8L. I've been trying to help him solve a problem with his car. Car was running rough. Scanned the codes and it showed P0301, P0352, P0201, P0261. All indications pointed to a blown coil. So to make a long story short, we blew through multiple coils and multiple fuses. Doing searches online led to many ideas, all of which failed. Finally called a mechanic and he said he had another Cruze in earlier in the week with the same problem and it was an easy fix.

Turns out, the middle PCM cable connector was full of water and horribly corroded. They pulled the connector apart, cleaned it up, added some dielectric grease, replaced the last blown coil and it runs like a top now. Well, as good as a Cruze will run that is. View attachment 293651
Based on the number of posts I found with people complaining about similar symptoms, I'm guessing this is a common problem amongst Cruzes. I don't think it is limited to just the 1.8L either.

Hope this helps somebody down the road.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your son's Cruze here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts