Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my car detailed at the local dealer and they managed to wipe the face of my fog light switch off. It was brought to their attention and they ordered a new one and it was installed 3 weeks later. Sadly, the switch they installed had white back lighting, while my car has blue interior lights. I brought this to their attention and they said the parts department could not find a switch with blue lights, only white. Any idea if this part exists? This is for a 2013 LT RS. Any help would be appreciated.
Vehicle Car Auto part Speedometer Driving Light Eye Darkness Font Iris Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Audio equipment Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Steering wheel Steering part Luxury vehicle

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,903 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,903 Posts
Reactions: sparkman

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$160 detail. They must have put some muscle into it! Hard to believe they tried to debate if it was like that..... I have the old switch and the new switch. I am thinking I may be able to take the back/guts with the blue light in it and replace the front with the proper button face to have a functioning blue switch.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
That's frustrating. It would bother me too!!! Since you have both switches, I'd look at taking apart the old damaged one to see if the bulb can be changed easily, if so swap it into the new one and you should be good to go...

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
That's odd. Makes be wonder if they got a cheap knock-off or if it's for the Chinese version of the car.

GMPartDirect lists it as P/N 22901646. $20 on Amazon.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I bought mine on Amazon for when I get around to doing fog lights on my car, it is a "Genuine GM Part" I wonder what color the illumination is???

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Take the actual knob off the new switch and put it on the old switch assembly. The assembly is fairly easy to take apart and once it is, the knob sort of slips right off.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
How did you pay them? You might be able to dispute the charge. I would speak with the Service Manager and then the General Manager, I know mine sent me out $100 when I told him how two mechanics plastered the front and back interior with grease, meanwhile giving them an excellent survey. This could also be brought to small claims court. Finally the Bureau of Automotive Repair in your State can be contacted, give the dealer a heads up that you're not happy and considering these actions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How did you pay them? You might be able to dispute the charge. I would speak with the Service Manager and then the General Manager, I know mine sent me out $100 when I told him how two mechanics plastered the front and back interior with grease, meanwhile giving them an excellent survey. This could also be brought to small claims court. Finally the Bureau of Automotive Repair in your State can be contacted, give the dealer a heads up that you're not happy and considering these actions.
It was warranty work as they screwed it up during a detail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's odd. Makes be wonder if they got a cheap knock-off or if it's for the Chinese version of the car.

GMPartDirect lists it as P/N 22901646. $20 on Amazon.
Not sure. Every part I have seen does not list a color. I was told they are all white, which is hard to believe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts