Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Bluetooth OBD2 adapter

3885 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  BowtieGuy
Can anybody recommend a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter adapter that will work with our cruzen and won't break the bank?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts

· Banned
9,198 Posts
I got an iCar off of ebay for around twenty bucks. Has an on/off switch on it so can leave it plugged in all the time. Really splurged and laid out $4.95 for the Torque Pro version. Good for life, good download it again for free when I got a new cell phone.

When that CEL comes on, not guessing, Torque Pro tells me in English exactly what the problem is.

· Registered
156 Posts
I use the EasyDiag from Launch. It was $120 from my Matco dealer and it came with two car lines of your choice (obviously I chose GM, and had to get Ford for the father in laws pos's. You can buy other car lines for $40 a piece. You can get either Android or Icrap (be warned though the IOS version has a few bugs) It works quite well for me, it does airbags, brakes, and everything else. Basically it works very similar to the TECH 2. There is no bi-directional control, but I have heard it's in the pipeline for this product.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
I have this one as well. Works great with my windows phone. Its just a shame that my app store doesn't have anything close to the Torque app, free or paid.
Thanks for that tip on the Windows Phone app store. My Android is 4 years old.

· Banned
9,198 Posts
Ha, for the very first time in over 12 years, I managed to wreck my smart phone, was common for my wife and daughter. But maybe I subconsciously wanted a new one and ran mine though my washing machine. But was updating anyway, from a flip phone to a smarta$$ phone.

Also switching from 3G to 4G where 3G wouldn't work anymore in certain areas.

That dashboard on Torque Pro is cute, but don't play with that for two reasons, one, is by looking at it, could drive into a tree, second if a cop sees me holing my cell phone, would throw me in prison and throw away the key.

With my older vehicles, never needed this, like my 88 Supra, shows the code on the monitor, but need a small manual to look it up. All that information is stored in either the BCM or the PCM, and would only cost the OE's about two bucks to display it, but they don't do this anymore.

Manual says if the CEL comes on, go immediately to your dealer, yeah, like 3:00 AM in the morning, I want to know why the CEL is on so I can determine if its safe to drive my vehicle.

Would love at least one bidirectional feature on Torque, like sending just one code to switch on the ABS pump so I can properly bleed the brakes. That one wire I need to do this is buried deep between the electronics and the ABS module. They sure are doing a great job of making these newer cars a b!tch to work on.

Ha, just received that latest issue of SAE Engineering, yeah and old SAE guy. After some odd 30 years, finally had an article that replacing unibody parts can be difficult. Gee, I never knew this!

Ha, three years later get a letter from GM that my coolant level may be low. Ha, didn't know this either.

· Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.