Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
View attachment 55969 the importance of advertising. The new beemer diesel.Get on board Chevy or the diesel cruze will fail do to the lack of sales
It may fail due to the high price. The only one I saw at the dealer had an MSRP of over 29K.
Even the salesman said the price point was too high for a Cruze.
Still an interesting car.
I'll wait another year or two before I decide what to do.
The higher cost of the diesel doesn't offset the fuel cost savings. In my opinion.

It may fail due to the high price. The only one I saw at the dealer had an MSRP of over 29K.
Even the salesman said the price point was too high for a Cruze.
Still an interesting car.
I'll wait another year or two before I decide what to do.
The higher cost of the diesel doesn't offset the fuel cost savings. In my opinion.
Given the number of LTZ's Chevy is selling and the CTD is cheaper I'd say your salesman is blowing smoke. He just doesn't want to sell the CTD and hasn't learned how to sell it. Unfortunately what the CTD (and ECO MT for that matter) need is for fuel prices in the US to climb again.

Your statement about the higher cost of diesel is valid. Diesel prices are frequently higher than 87 octane unleaded, but they tend to be on par with 91/93 octane unleaded, which is what the Cruze really wants anyway. Being able to run on 87 is a marketing gimmick.

Saw that beauty up close the other day (328d). Beautiful car. However, pointless car.

If I'm going to pay $50,000 for a compact car, why do I care about fuel economy? I may as well upgrade to a Tesla and dump fuel altogether.

Maybe this is why you see so many new BMWs on the road. Their owners trade them in at the end of their warranties or OEM tire life, whichever comes first. :)
About 60% of BMW's and other such "Luxury" cars are leased. So the lessees are less sensitive to purchase price and maintenance is often included in the lease, since it preserves the owner's investment.

Car brand most often purchased with cash: Subaru at 38%.

Maybe this is why you see so many new BMWs on the road. Their owners trade them in at the end of their warranties or OEM tire life, whichever comes first. :)
Which is why i leased it. No way would i have financed this thing

1) $500+ a month nothanksjeff lol
2) When its paid off, something for sure will go MAJORLY wrong
3) New model always looks nicer

Lease+
1) Drive it
2) get another one
3) ??
4) Profit.

However, if i can get my hands on a diesel when my lease is up, i will jump right on it. Hopefully the price difference doesn't equal that of a 335I.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.