Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Vendor
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The wait is finally over! BNR proudly presents our custom tuning solution for the 2nd Generation Chevrolet Cruze Turbo. Specific gains over the factory tune are 63HP and 92TQ. Maximum peak gains on premium fuel and no additional parts are 57HP and 80TQ! As usual BNR tunes are 100% custom to each vehicle, and retuning for bolt-on modifications and fueling included at no additional cost.

BNR 2nd Gen Cruze Tune Engine Calibration Features:

• +63HP +92TQ under the curve (~3500-4000RPM)
  • +57HP +80TQ Peak vs. Peak
  • Premium fuel recommended for high power, high boost tuning. Low octane fuel tuning is available if desired. Low octane tunes of +21HP +40TQ available upon request.
  • Improved throttle response and feel. The throttle has been completely remapped to feel more linear and deliver power when you want it! It no longer feels "laggy" or dull.
  • All GM OEM Emissions and Safety functionality are retained. Vehicle will remain emissions compliant.
  • Knock detection and catalytic/turbocharger over temperature protections/enrichment remain unchanged.

BNR Tunes are fully compatible with both Automatic AND Manual Transmission Cruze's but if you have an automatic, you can expect the transmission to be improved dramatically!

BNR 2nd Gen Cruze Tune Automatic Transmission Calibration Features:

• Faster, firmer shifting. Shifts will execute much quicker than stock.
  • Improvements to shift logic/shift points for power delivery optimization.
  • Torque limiters adjusted to ensure consistent power delivery.
  • Performance Auto Stop can be removed if requested.
  • All GM Diagnostics remain unchanged.

BNR TUNE 2016+ Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T LE2

·
Vendor
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you have special for black friday?
Thanks
Mario
Hey Mario! Yes sir, the 2nd gen tune is on sale NOW. Black Friday came early to that product :)

Reactions: obermd

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello Jerry. I emailed you a few days ago. Thank you for the quick response!

Will this car benefit from water methanol injection? I am interested in combining the two with 92 octane.

Just hit 800 miles on the odometer and waiting to clear 5000 or so, before modding. I see a lot of potential.

This 6 SPD manual is finally starting to feel good. I bought it brand new and 5-6th was useless.. now 6th pulls with ease.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Probably crank hp
But impressive, considering tune only. That would put the little 1.4 at 210 crank hp

I'm sure this motor can break 200 whp with ease. It's only boosting 14psi stock from what I have gathered. All of the intake piping looks super restrictive.

·
Vendor
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Jerry. I emailed you a few days ago. Thank you for the quick response!

Will this car benefit from water methanol injection? I am interested in combining the two with 92 octane.

Just hit 800 miles on the odometer and waiting to clear 5000 or so, before modding. I see a lot of potential.

This 6 SPD manual is finally starting to feel good. I bought it brand new and 5-6th was useless.. now 6th pulls with ease.
Yeah meth or E85 will wake it up even more. Any time you add additional octane, there can be more power

does this really add 64 horsepower and 92 lbs of torque? This seems like some "fools gold".
It really does add this much power. This is not that abnormal of a gain for a factory turbocharged car. Our first generation 1.4T tunes add around the same. From 125HP/130TQ to 180HP 240TQ on 93 octane. On 2.0T motors we gain up to 130HP 130TQ over stock.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Vendor
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You definitely want to be working with us then. We do a lot of hardware R&D on top of tuning. We've pioneered upgraded turbochargers, LS2/LS7 ignition systems, nitrous, etc. for the 1st generation 1.4T. We're going to do the same with this one! Check out our facebook page (link in my sig) to see all the stuff we do. We did the engine management stuff on a Jeep race car with a Cruze 1.4T in it- turbonetics tnx40 turbocharger, 60lb injectors, e85. SCCA tried to ban our engine tuning because the car is so dominant.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am on board sir!

Just waiting for the holidays to end and a few more miles of break in time.

I am a little disappointed to see the lack of available bolt on parts. It's the GXP all over lol.

Again. I will probably go with meth injection with a tune. Hopefully, some more stuff comes soon!

This stock tune is so...smooth. The engine seems held back. The throttle response is driving me nuts! It also seems like there is a lot of torque management at wot after each shift. I like an aggressive pedal!
I guess I can't ask too much from an economy car with a little 1.4
I just feel like something is holding this engine back. Power shifting works great when I can grab 2nd just right. 2nd gear with a 2200 1st gear launch is mean.. I know how to drag race fwd cars. This one is going to be fun, once tuned.

·
Vendor
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We've got some stuff in the works for hardware, the car is just really new, more stuff will come.

·
Registered
2016 2nd Gen Cruze LT
64 Posts
Here is a vid of a manual:

Once I get my calibration and everything is good to go, I'll make a video of my automatic doing some pulls.

Reactions: Cruze2.0TD

·
Banned
260 Posts
Jerry, how about a tune for the 2.0L diesel?? :hope:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Here is a vid of a manual:

Once I get my calibration and everything is good to go, I'll make a video of my automatic doing some pulls.
that doesn't look remotely close to a 90 ft-lbs or 50+ hp gain. My stock 2017 doesn't look any slower than this. Granted mine is an automatic.

·
Registered
2016 2nd Gen Cruze LT
64 Posts
Auto should see the biggest gains, between the power increase and improved shift logic. Plus you have to consider the gearing differences between manual and auto. Manual can hit 60 at the end of second, where the auto is halfway to near the end of third.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Auto should see the biggest gains, between the power increase and improved shift logic. Plus you have to consider the gearing differences between manual and auto. Manual can hit 60 at the end of second, where the auto is halfway or near the end of third.
Then I'll definately be waiting to see the tuned auto pulls soon!

1 - 20 of 133 Posts