Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've recently gotten the BNR tune, just waiting to hear back after sending my first data log in, and decided in the meantime to see what dash command shows as far as output. Does anyone know if there's a margin of error with apps like this or is it fairly accurate?

Also, my mods are a K&N Typhoon intake, ZZP downpipe and catted midpipe mated to a Borla catback.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Some of those things like fuel mileage are calculated from other things (fuel rate, maf, etc). Is it precise? Definitely. But it may be high or low by a bit. The ECM (which calculates mileage) has a bit more information to play with so it can generally get better results (the DIC shows you this calculation).

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
My dic has been off by 3.

I beleive my obd2 over my dic.

How much was the BNR? @Noiitekk . And what's the difference between BNR and Trifecta? I"m gonna have to check out the dashcommand.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My dic has been off by 3.

I beleive my obd2 over my dic.

How much was the BNR? @Noiitekk . And what's the difference between BNR and Trifecta? I"m gonna have to check out the dashcommand.
The BNR tune was $549. I'm not sure about how crazy different the two choices are but I'm so far extremely pleased with the power coming from this little motor.

I use a Kiwi 3 that plugs into my obd2 port that is connected through Bluetooth to dash command on my phone. I can monitor a ton of stuff in real time. Highly recommend it.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
The BNR tune was $549. I'm not sure about how crazy different the two choices are but I'm so far extremely pleased with the power coming from this little motor.

I use a Kiwi2 that plugs into my obd2 port that is connected through Bluetooth to dash command on my phone. I can monitor a ton of stuff in real time. Highly recommend it.
Does the Kiwi2 completely shut down when not in use? I already have BAFX that was highly recommended by a ton of forums. And a ELM327. They both keep the red light on.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does the Kiwi2 completely shut down when not in use? I already have BAFX that was highly recommended by a ton of forums. And a ELM327. They both keep the red light on.
It stays on but the amount of draw it has is completely negligible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts