Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m strongly considering getting a tune for my 2014 Eco, I’ve never really been totally satisfied with the way this car drove and I’m hoping a tune will wake it up a little bit. My only concerns with tuning this car is longevity, that being said, are there any precautions to take prior to tuning the 1.4 (i.e. adjusting spark plug gap, running full synthetic oil all the time, running 91 octane or higher)? More to the point, is there any risk to the stock internals with no other mods than an intake?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I really want to get this car tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,757 Posts
No concerns with longevity, provided you are using a quality oil. Realize that you're raising oil temperatures slightly when under load and applying more stress, so cheap oils may have done it. BNR recommends AMSOIL Signature Series in all of their cars, and I can get it shipped to you if you're interested.

Beyond that, I've been running a BNR tune since 2014. I tow my boat and utility trailer with my Cruze, which means higher than stock boost levels for extended periods. The car has been working just great. As a whole, we haven't seen any issues arise from the tuning of these engines; they seem to be built quite well to handle the stress.

You do have to keep spark plug gaps at stock levels (0.025"), you do have to run 91/93 octane fuel. Aside from that, not much else. You don't even need any supporting mods.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No concerns with longevity, provided you are using a quality oil. Realize that you're raising oil temperatures slightly when under load and applying more stress, so cheap oils may have done it. BNR recommends AMSOIL Signature Series in all of their cars, and I can get it shipped to you if you're interested.

Beyond that, I've been running a BNR tune since 2014. I tow my boat and utility trailer with my Cruze, which means higher than stock boost levels for extended periods. The car has been working just great. As a whole, we haven't seen any issues arise from the tuning of these engines; they seem to be built quite well to handle the stress.

You do have to keep spark plug gaps at stock levels (0.025"), you do have to run 91/93 octane fuel. Aside from that, not much else. You don't even need any supporting mods.
Fantastic, thanks for the quick reply! I’ll be buying one soon, and with regards to the AMSOIL Signature Series oil, I’ll probably pick some up from you when I get tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts