1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Vendor
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Stock or with the bigger injectors? Those injectors are really necessary up on top (at least on my 2011). Best you guys ever got me was 145/290.

Reactions: brian v

·
Vendor
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock injectors. 23psi. The BNR tune is new, just released within the last couple months.

·
Vendor
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KOBALT asked for a really aggressive tune, so we did it. It's all about your preference. If you want a 19psi tune or a 20psi tune, just say the word and we'll do it for you. Mild to wild, we'll make the tune yours.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
We did a tune for KOBALT using our remote tuning with a handheld and managed a very nice +40HP +70TQ gain AT THE WHEELS. :eusa_clap:
- very nice, especially the torque! Which hand held tuner are you guys using?

·
Vendor
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EFILive Autocal

·
Vendor
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We still need to dyno it, but we did a lot of tuning on XtremeRevolution's car as well and the GM PID is reporting +84TQ

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Wow!! That is real impressive! Looks like new clutches are in order next for both these cars. My BMW 320i 2 litre with a piggy back tune is 220 whp and 258 rwtq. But I am only at 12psi max.

·
Administrator
15,750 Posts
We still need to dyno it, but we did a lot of tuning on XtremeRevolution's car as well and the GM PID is reporting +84TQ
Wow!! That is real impressive! Looks like new clutches are in order next for both these cars. My BMW 320i 2 litre with a piggy back tune is 220 whp and 258 rwtq. But I am only at 12psi max.
Kobalt flashed his tune back to stock for the first run. There's no way a stock Cruze tune puts down that kind of power. The consensus is that his car didn't learn the mods and tune down the power since he ran the pull immediately after flashing back and he has the full list of bolt-ons. Given 5 miles of driving, his car would have put down numbers more consistent to what we've seen reported stock from other tuners. About 125lb-ft to the wheels. I forget the HP ratings.

I don't want to get too heavy into this as a review is in the works but my Cruze put down 209lb-ft which is an approximately 85lb-ft gain over stock. All while never exceeding 22psi as a peak. Boost typically held at around 21psi.

I am surprised to say, my clutch hasn't slipped yet and I've put about 1000 miles on the tune. We'll turn the tune down a bit if it does.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Sorry, I've been away for a while. You're not using the Trifecta stuff anymore? What's new about the BNR tune?

·
Vendor
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, I've been away for a while. You're not using the Trifecta stuff anymore? What's new about the BNR tune?
BNR brand tunes can be delivered via EFILive Autocal handheld, HPTuners if you own it, or DiabloSport hardware. We recommend the EFILive route as it's the most cost effective and the most customizable option.

Reactions: titan2782

·
Registered
576 Posts
So with the EFILive tune it comes with a custom tune, and if I Ever want to change it you guys can? And the handheld seems to be a bonus. Thats why I was considering vtuner. But he only offers one tune And Update fees.

·
Vendor
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup! We will adjust for whatever you want at no extra charge.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Kobalt flashed his tune back to stock for the first run. There's no way a stock Cruze tune puts down that kind of power. The consensus is that his car didn't learn the mods and tune down the power since he ran the pull immediately after flashing back and he has the full list of bolt-ons. Given 5 miles of driving, his car would have put down numbers more consistent to what we've seen reported stock from other tuners. About 125lb-ft to the wheels. I forget the HP ratings.

I don't want to get too heavy into this as a review is in the works but my Cruze put down 209lb-ft which is an approximately 85lb-ft gain over stock. All while never exceeding 22psi as a peak. Boost typically held at around 21psi.

I am surprised to say, my clutch hasn't slipped yet and I've put about 1000 miles on the tune. We'll turn the tune down a bit if it does.
The 1.6l turbo does the same. when you do a reset or change the tune, even back to stock. they have a tendency to over boost for a short period.
you'll go from 170kpa stock boost to 200-220kpa.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Waiting on this review to come out. Ive been tossing around the idea of tuning this Cruze. My 2012 was tuned, I liked it. But I think going a different route would be a nice little change. Im also liking the gains and the fact that I can upload the tune with the handheld. 209tq. Im definitely interested.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Do you guys offer the transparency mode?

·
Registered
990 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Vtuner has it too. I just wanted too see if they can.

Reactions: bostonboy
1 - 20 of 30 Posts