Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Can someone explain this to a newbie? I couldn't find the stupid questions thread, so I am posting this here. What does this do exactly, and how? And should one do this while the car is still under warranty?

BNR Tune 2011-2016 Limited Chevrolet Cruze 1.4L Turbo
The what it does and how I'm not going to be a lot of help with. I'd assume it adjusts the timing, fueling, and turns the boost up. For the warranty, I think if that is a concern of yours you are best not to mod. Technically the dealer would have to prove that the mod caused the issue to occur. For example, if it blows the turbo, they'd have to say that the tune was the reason the turbo exploded. However, it's a lot easier for them to blame the tune than it is for you to prove that it isn't the tune. I know personally, that is why I've held off modding my diesel. I don't want to risk the warranty.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I currently have a BNR Tune. They send the handheld, you scan the trans and engine and send it out, they adjust it for you to get what you want (ECO, RACE, or other). Not 100% on what they adjust, but they do a great job. Definitely feel the power and my dealership has not said a thing about the tune or any other mods. I don't even flash it back to stock when I take my car in.

·
Registered
576 Posts
So is this device just an adjustment to the car's computer? It's not an installed mechanical device?
Correct. They adjust fuel and other things (I am not technical enough to explain that part) to gain more HP and Torque. I have a tune with BNR on E85 (42# Injectors needed) and am estimated at 180-190 hp. I would like to get it dyno'd soon to know for sure.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Correction, 170-180 hp.

But this is also on a "max hp" tune. Jerry adv. when I asked that he is no responsible for anything that happens from it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts