Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I have so far, I will update with more videos/pics of what I do regularly, hopefully with something better than my phone camera, lol.

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not that I know of, I just left it off. I want to heat wrap the down and mid pipe though to help the turbo's efficiency. For that matter I may put the shield back on...

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Surprisingly video wasn't shaky at all for doing it one handed.
I would recommend mounting the phone in the useless compartment (unless you have speaker there, can't tell) to keep it clean.

Looking good though.

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It doesn't matter where I mount it, it will vibrate too much for good video quality (TTR mount)

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Definently a little loud. haha. I like the 3M carbon fiber vinyl. Cool I'm in the Navy to. Way out here in CA. Good luck to ya and keep us updated.

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not sure what Jak is going on about, lol, but yes, the vibration is the Upper engine mount. Instead of absorbing the vibrations like a stock (soft) mount would, the TurboTechRacing mount holds the engine in place better for more usable power and torque. That vibration has to go somewhere, so it ends up everywhere else in the car. Feels kinda nice sometimes, but I know I have to keep double checking all my nuts and bolts to make sure they're in place.

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
I'm not sure what Jak is going on about, lol, but yes, the vibration is the Upper engine mount. Instead of absorbing the vibrations like a stock (soft) mount would, the TurboTechRacing mount holds the engine in place better for more usable power and torque. That vibration has to go somewhere, so it ends up everywhere else in the car. Feels kinda nice sometimes, but I know I have to keep double checking all my nuts and bolts to make sure they're in place.
By "more usable power and torque," don't you mean simply quicker power delivery (no lag time) and firmer shifts? Once you're making power, that mount won't do anything but give you a literal buzz.

I've tried polyurethane and solid mounts in the past, and even on high torque motors like the my L67 producing well over 350 crank-lb-ft of torque, concluded that the difference was miniscule and mostly a "driving experience" mod.

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It just helps get the power to the ground faster, doesn't add anything else really. Like you said, mostly driving experience mod.

Thanks, Smurf, I really appreciate it!

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
It just helps get the power to the ground faster, doesn't add anything else really. Like you said, mostly driving experience mod.

Thanks, Smurf, I really appreciate it!
Yeah, it definitely gets power to the ground faster. I remember it was a huge improvement when I first used even a poly dogbone mount and I would break the tires loose all the time because the throttle snapped so quickly. Shifts were much nicer.

Does anyone make a poly mount for these cars, or is solid the only aftermarket part available?

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So far, no lower mounts at all, and the stockers are plastic, so that's a definite item on my fix list.

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
So far, no lower mounts at all, and the stockers are plastic, so that's a definite item on my fix list.
Are the lowers seriously plastic mounts??? I thought they were rubber. Are you referring to the mount casing, or the actual inside material? I'm truly baffled.

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The mount itself is plastic with rubber bushings, if my eyes did not deceive me.

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
The mount itself is plastic with rubber bushings, if my eyes did not deceive me.
Ah, ok. I'll check it over just to make 100% sure, but I can't imagine engine bay heat and plastic will mix very well over time. I've never seen a plastic motor mount before.

I'm glad the inside is rubber at least.

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
New Vibrant Performance ultra quiet resonator installed, ordered from ISM!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts