Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to paint their side mirrors to match their Cruze? I thought about buying the GM mirror covers like the LTZ trim has but they're $36/ea. I thought maybe painting the whole mirror (including the sail panel) would look better. I would use Duplicolor to match the Summit White. Thoughts?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was leaning towards the covers for less mess, just didn't know how an all colored mirror would look. The more and more I look at stock pics of LTZs the more I like the look of the covers.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mine is the LS and I painted the black mirrors to match the car. I work at a dealership so my painter here at our bodyshop did them and they look identical as the factory ones that are painted already.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
I'd recommend to try to talk to the painter at the dealer directly. Might not charge much to them especially if he's already working on a car with same color.
I'd go with the covers over diy. Unless you were using your actual paint code, I can't see it looking good.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I emailed GM parts and the body-matched mirrors aren't even painted. They just come smooth instead of the black texture. So either way I am having to paint them.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
IIRC every trim other than the LS has body-painted mirror covers. My Eco has body-colored mirror covers from the factory.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I was going to say, my eco has painted covers also. Is this just a LS thing?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yep. I think I might end up buying the covers and painting them since a buddy of mine builds/paints hotrods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts