Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
Take into consideration they are colormatched.......thats a great price....I paid around a hundred and thirty for mine two years ago from Sport Wing.

I think they are all provided by one supplier called Dawn Automotive but they don't sell direct.

Rob

·
Registered
574 Posts
Take into consideration they are colormatched.......thats a great price....I paid around a hundred and thirty for mine two years ago from Sport Wing.

I think they are all provided by one supplier called Dawn Automotive but they don't sell direct.

Rob
For Chevy Cruze Painted Body Side Mouldings Moldings Trim 2011 2015 | eBay

I also bought mine from sport wing on eBay here is a link.IMO it is a good investment. My car is white & I was very happy with theshipping time & product & paint match. I have only good things to sayabout them.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
I got those for my 2012, ever notice that side protective moldings are history along with rubber sill plates, even got rid of windshield weather stripping, what's next?

Were an exact color match, measured very carefully and use masking tape for a guide, you only get one chance to do it right. Saw a brand Camry loaded with door dings. Dey are all doing dis today. Splash shields are another required option, they don't cover stone chips. Rubber sill plates are still desired, but maybe someone will slip fall on their butt and be sued for a million bucks to get these back.

This week, another option I would like is real tires, thought this is what I got, for years, were using single ply tires with a zillion ply rating, and with ABS, if one goes, have to replace all four.

Now they are pushing WiFi for only a zillion bucks more, ha, have an old computer that still needs a cord, for a couple of bucks, with that UBS thingy converted this to WiFi, so I don't have to plug this in anymore. Marketing must think we are stupid, and at times, think they are correct.

Use to use flared fenders so you don't need mud flaps, but seeing all new cars are this way now, and a dealer installed option, and if you pay for this, can't even install them correctly.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
My motivation, in addition to reducing the potential of a door ding, was more along the lines of style.

The cruse doors have no character lines….they just look….naked and blah to my eye….I wanted something to break the expanse of a flat panel.

This may be a age related thing….the younger crowd seems to prefer the 'no clutter' look that comes with a flat panel.

Rob

·
Premium Member
7,786 Posts
The cruse doors have no character lines….they just look….naked and blah to my eye….I wanted something to break the expanse of a flat panel.
I see your point, but to my eye, the examples given don't work. They make it worse instead of better.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
I see your point, but to my eye, the examples given don't work. They make it worse instead of better.
Can't ever argue about taste. Ha, like some guy brings a motorcycle into Pawn Stars and wants a zillion bucks for it because of some super wild expensive paint job. Rick offers a lot less, says he will have to strip it down and repaint it. Have to agree with Rick on this issue, wouldn't be caught dead on that thing.

Wife is very specific on her taste, so got her permission first before ordering the side moldings, she and I like them, so this is all that matters to us.

Also know they don't protect against large SUV's or pickups, so have to be very careful where we park this thing. How about even walking six blocks so we had a safe place to park!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts