Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been browsing this site for a few months and finally decided to join as a member. I'm a local car dealer from NC, and love the idea of diesel cars as commuters. My only experience prior to owning a Cruze Diesel is having a 2002 Jetta TDI that had nearly 250,000 miles before it jumped into a ditch on a rainy day. Since then, I've been patiently waiting for another car that could replace and update the old TDI.

Moving on, about the car:

I picked up a 2014 Cruze CTD at auction a few months back. It was a one owner with about 200,000 miles which I thought was impressive for roughly four years of ownership. With a "UNC Mom" sticker on the back, I figured it was some lady's commuter that she put 50k miles/year on, and that's all.

I plan on starting a thread in the future showing that the Cruze Diesel can be driven well into the 200k mile range. Barring a bunch of emissions repairs (already need a DEF Heater), I plan on keeping the car stock since it still gets 44mpg and I want to show it can be done.

Cruze_Diesel

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think so too. I just have to decide what that $$ amount is where I break and buy the tune. So far, I can handle a $200 Heater.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before anyone gets upset, let me explain the badge. It came off the wrecked TDI that used to belong to a friend who has passed. It’s a little way of carrying on the diesel tradition for him. Also, I enjoy watching the VW people give me the :question: look.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Before anyone gets upset, let me explain the badge. It came off the wrecked TDI that used to belong to a friend who has passed. It’s a little way of carrying on the diesel tradition for him. Also, I enjoy watching the VW people give me the :question: look.
From what I can see, it looks great for 210k miles. I'm only at 50,000 miles on my 2014. I've had an EGR valve and DEF Tank with heater replaced under warranty so far. This spring/summer I might end up scrapping the DEF system and just keep it running with the DPF, not sure. Haven't looked in to if it's possible to do just that with a tune or if the whole thing needs to come out. I haven't done anything yet because I'm still under my extended warranty. my GMPP runs out at the end of August.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
I joined this group "https://www.facebook.com/groups/236197647295031/", with my 2012 Holden Cruze diesel. They were not only friendly, but surprised and some even interested about the Chevy Cruze diesel. There are people out there who just like diesel cars.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/236197647295031/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I think it’s been looked after well, and even with the miles it’s the nicest car I’ve had so I will keep it up too.

That’s what I worry about. I drive so much, I don’t want any to be doing emissions work every couple months. That defeats the cost saving purpose of having the car. As far as deleting the DEF, I believe you can just have it tuned out. I’m new though, so I would leave that question to a veteran owner.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Aussie. I will check out that group. I know I’ll need advice as the car gets higher mileage.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,662 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

Post the picture of your DIC in this thread, High Mileage Badges, and earn your first badge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts