Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone else added a boost gauge specifically tapping into a BNR throttle body spacer? Most of what I have read has the boost gauge tapped into a line just behind and underneath the intake manifold. I have added a new electric AEM boost gauge today and tapped into my BNR spacer. The most boost I saw when on the pedal was 3 PSI. I have not checked for any boost leaks as of yet but wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone got this specific combination of parts to work.

NOTE: I was hoping to comment on an existing thread but couldn't find any that were super recent with recent activity.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
600 Posts
I do. Not a bnr spacer, different company but shouldn’t matter. I see all the way from -23 vacuum to 25psi boost on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply on this. I will go hunting for boost leaks then in my system I suppose. Did you end up adding a fuse using a fuse tap or did you jump into an existing fuse for your setup?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
600 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply on this. I will go hunting for boost leaks then in my system I suppose. Did you end up adding a fuse using a fuse tap or did you jump into an existing fuse for your setup?
I already had a fuse tap on the ignition for my dashcam, it turns on and off with they key, ran another line into it and works perfectly!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Odd enough I added a fuse tap today but couldn't any fuses that were not 'constant' hot on the interior fuse panel, as in the ignition did not have to be on to get power.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
600 Posts
I verified I have it on fuse 2, the power outlet. That turns on and off with ignition.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Super weird. I went back out and moved the fuse tap to the empty fuse 2 and it does the same thing in my car. Stays on all the time. The car doesn't have any electrical issues that I know of so not sure at this point if that is by design or if I am just going crazy.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
600 Posts
My bad it’s fuse number 6 and 7(one is rear the other is front power outlet). No idea why I typed 2. It won’t go off until you open the driver door also. But to me that’s no biggie.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That makes sense now. I was literally just looking at the diagram again thinking I had misread which were the power outlets. Haha. I tapped into fuse 7 and it works perfectly now. Thanks for all your help again and quick responses.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,916 Posts
I installed a mechanical boost guage to a DDMworks TBS with no issues. It also has a port I used for the PCV fix as well.

I cannot find the post where I installed it, but here is where I installed the gauges:

How-To: Install gauges in a ZZP Pillar Pod A-Z Part 1

This is an enlarged pic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts