Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to forums in general so I'll try to make sense of whats going on. I have 2011 Eco MT and I was looking into getting more boost out of my turbo. It lacks any sort of power so I wanted to make it a little more fun for me. I went online and started looking for things to help me and I discovered manual boost controllers. I heard alot of stigma about them but I really wanted to get more boost, I followed the instructions I found to the T, but i must be missing something. Whenever i hit about 15 PSI it bounces back to about 10, then back to 15, after about 4 seconds on boost the Turbo loses power and only pushes 5 ps1 until i turn it off and let it sit for awhile. I heard this was called limp mode and its becoming a pain. What can I do to fix this?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The computer controls all. If you're not bringing it in on your plans, it will just frustrate you. Any significant change to the engine will require a matching tune. But you can do quite a bit with just a tune.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The computer controls all. If you're not bringing it in on your plans, it will just frustrate you. Any significant change to the engine will require a matching tune. But you can do quite a bit with just a tune.
How would I go about tuning without dropping a grand, I'm not rich enough to go to a local tuner and plop a bunch of money down and say "Make it go fast."

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I haven't done it myself, but there are tuners that will work via email. They send you a tune, you load it up, gather some information, send it in, and they revise the tune.

But you don't have much of a choice. The gas pedal isn't even connected to the engine as the Cruze is "throttle by wire". If the engine suddenly starts producing more power, the computer's torque management system will dial it back. This isn't the computer system of a decade ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts