Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After dealing with the po299 code for a couple of weeks now, i have made a boost leak tester. I found a leak in the oil filler cap but after doing some reading, many said this was normal and it was just blow by? Should i be worried about this or is this normal?

·
Registered
330 Posts
After dealing with the po299 code for a couple of weeks now, i have made a boost leak tester. I found a leak in the oil filler cap but after doing some reading, many said this was normal and it was just blow by? Should i be worried about this or is this normal?
It's normal and you don't have to be worried. When boost leak testing, air does past by the rings and pressurized the crankcase. Replace the cap, the O-ring is fatigued or you didn't put it on right

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
1,058 Posts
Depends how quickly it’s leaking down. Should take at least 30 seconds from 20PSI to 10PSI. Mine takes almost a minute to. If shorter there is an issue.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,928 Posts
Change the o-ring

1 - 4 of 4 Posts