Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kinda new to this whole turbo car thing so I could use some help. I just installed a CXracing CAI or so they call it on my 2012 Cruze turbo and I have a boost gauge on it. Before the CAI in this current weather it was reading around 10-12 psi. After the install it now reads around 7psi. What would cause this? And if I got a tune would that bump the pressure back up?

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
I'm kinda new to this whole turbo car thing so I could use some help. I just installed a CXracing CAI or so they call it on my 2012 Cruze turbo and I have a boost gauge on it. Before the CAI in this current weather it was reading around 10-12 psi. After the install it now reads around 7psi. What would cause this? And if I got a tune would that bump the pressure back up?
The car will only make boost long enough to hit the target torque number, so if it needs less boost to do this, then that's what is happening. To answer your question about the tune...yes, the only way to increase the boost is to get a tune. There's a lot more to it than simply turning up the pressure in our cars.

Why your boost dropped, I don't know. I will leave that to those who "upgraded" their intakes to chime in.

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
are there any recommended tunes that i should get?
The two main ones around here are Trifecta and BNR. Lately, BNR has been getting the best reviews.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Since I have NTIS traceable pressure and vacuum gauges, tested some of these Chinese gauges against these standards, Some were as much as 20 psi off a 30 psi gauge. That is pretty bad.

Pressure is pressure, if you have a regulated air compressor with at least a made in the USA gauge, can compare your gauge to see how far off it is.

You can't believe what you read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts