Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello new here name is matt. i bought a 2011 cruze eco. the previous owner had a coolant leak and overheated it. i did a valve job new rings and bearing and surfaced the head. now the car runs great! but i am getting some codes and it will go into "limp mode" clear the codes and it will run fine again. the codes i am getting are P2227 P0236. i am wanting to test the boost sensor and the air intake temp sensor but do not know which wires to probe or what contacts to touch with volt meter to get a ohm reading. i really like this car and hope i can figure this out. any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Matt. I have exactly the same issue you described. Did you ever make any headway?
My Codes are:
P0237
P1101
P2227
I can drive normally and clear the Limp Mode on the fly with the Torque app.But there is definitely something wrong.
Thanks in advance -Kenneth

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hii Matt,
I hve the similar codes 0237,0299,2227.
I don’t know how to test sensors, but there might be 3 problems if you’re not catching proper speed or if you’re hitting certain spot and nor being able to produce enough power to ho beyond that peak point.
1. Check valve not functioning properly
2. Leak somewhere
3. Turbo is damaged

and also if your engine temp getting high means there might be problem with the intercooler or the pipe may be froze.
I’m not sure this is the answer you’re looking for but just posted thinking it might help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.