Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

bored and looking at exhaust as a future mod.

4808 Views 10 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Rickgomez223
well car is a little quiet

need to know how the exhaust setup is, stock what size, and location of muffler on my 14 ls i dont have a way to look under the car i havent tried it though. i am tempted to cut the muffler off to see how it sounds inside and out. but bolting it back up is another thing... i will keep the cat and resonator stock and in place. i am hoping it wont be super loud inside the car, i run 2500-3k rpms on the highway, and right now i love being able to have a conversation and plus no drone, before with the 96 you could forget about talking and long trips it was a killer but i had 5" straight pipe sounded great while idling and at redline. before with the 3.5 straight it was manageable.

i think this is cool, if i went with this i would cut a hole in the rear bumper and that would be my tip thing looks cool. Search Inlet/Outlet i am thinking about it but it would be like running straight pipe due to its a race muffler.

also what about these?
Flowmaster HP-2 PERFORMANCE MUFFLERS would be a better option.
SUPER 44 SERIES FLOWMASTER DELTA FLOW MUFFLERS (had this on my 89 ram expect mine was off road series same thing but it had a diamond plate housing. it sounded good but i ended up running straight pipe later on) would this fit? i got the muffler from that truck still just got to neck it down to the size i need) i think the one i got is 3" maybe or around that. hope it will fit so it will save me some coin and if i dont like it well i am not out anything just time. i believe its offset in, center out.

well let me know what yall think. i prefer sticking with flowmaster due to me and my dad ran them he had them on a v6 chevy 1500 that sounded decent and aggressive (2 chamber), he has it on his 02 avalanche v8 and he has a 3 chamber, its nice and aggressive outside but little drone inside
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
The exhaust is 2.25". I have the 1.4L. In my case I installed an exhaust cut out. It's basically a y pipe with one end left open with a shutter blade or a likewise actuator to close the exhaust again. This basically allows you to run "open headers" In your case with the 1.8 if you installed headers with this mod. The only reason I say that with quotes is because mine being the 1.4 is turbocharged so it does not have headers. But none the less, it's a great mod, especially if you get creative with it because you're given the ability to run the stock exhaust for quietness and you can also run an open exhaust with just the flick of a switch. Now, i would be careful with the chevy cruze exhaust system. I see burnt valves possible with the 1.8 running open headers, so if you install a cutout, see if you can run that back as a straight pipe or possibly a side exhaust? I guess I'm trying to say is that if yours is the 1.8, if you do this mod, proceed with caution to avoid a zero backpressure situation that could cause scavenging issues. I installed mine right snug behind the downstream o2 right after the downpipe. I can post sound later. Slight performance increase noticed. Havent dynoed, but I also have the K&N Short Ram intake so that can play into it as well

1 - 1 of 1 Posts