Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my experience from the dealer on my 2014 cruze. I bought it on 4th July 2014 in 2016 on 4th of July I went to use my last free oil change. GM declined it said it wasn't available too late LOL. I tried to contact gm there solution I PAY NOW WE REIMBURSE YOU. LOL chase my money. I make a complaint to the BBB & state attorney office. Them GM emailed me we will pay for your oil change. I was like you mean I paid for this oil change. I have emails from GM stating for me to pay for this too. So this is not made up story. I told GM where 2 go too. This weekend I changed my oil it just hit 20,030 exactly. I also seen my oil pan needed a lil tighten as it was weeping (the gm tech should have fixed this IMO) & they had at min. 5 quarts of oil in my car. I also have pictures of this. I also changed tranny fluid & coolant too while I was doing things. also changed air & cabin filter. I read form someone here on cam seals better to do yourself than time leaving it to the dealership & no car & only hope nothing goes wrong & done right. to many I hopes < so for me I would never buy extra warranty unless free. a warranty is only as good as someone honoring it & from my times at GM dealerships IMO they suck. I also don't think GM dealers suck this is why we call them stealerships. I am a GM person good product bad service motto is GM. PS GM never called me about my problem on my last oil change. This is how they treat cash customers. just a bad taste in my mouth for my oil change I paid for.

·
Super Moderator
7,738 Posts
this is my experience from the dealer on my 2014 cruze. I bought it on 4th July 2014 in 2016 on 4th of July I went to use my last free oil change. GM declined it said it wasn't available too late LOL. I tried to contact gm there solution I PAY NOW WE REIMBURSE YOU. LOL chase my money. I make a complaint to the BBB & state attorney office. Them GM emailed me we will pay for your oil change. I was like you mean I paid for this oil change. I have emails from GM stating for me to pay for this too. So this is not made up story. I told GM where 2 go too. This weekend I changed my oil it just hit 20,030 exactly. I also seen my oil pan needed a lil tighten as it was weeping (the gm tech should have fixed this IMO) & they had at min. 5 quarts of oil in my car. I also have pictures of this. I also changed tranny fluid & coolant too while I was doing things. also changed air & cabin filter. I read form someone here on cam seals better to do yourself than time leaving it to the dealership & no car & only hope nothing goes wrong & done right. to many I hopes < so for me I would never buy extra warranty unless free. a warranty is only as good as someone honoring it & from my times at GM dealerships IMO they suck. I also don't think GM dealers suck this is why we call them stealerships. I am a GM person good product bad service motto is GM. PS GM never called me about my problem on my last oil change. This is how they treat cash customers. just a bad taste in my mouth for my oil change I paid for.
Epic post.

Reactions: 1988gmc355

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Epic post.
well it was morning too LOL. what sucks is editing it is a epic deal. the only way I can post is never go back to fix anything or its a project worst than me changing all my fluids this weekend. bottom line I got shafted by GM on my last oil change bought 4th july 14 4th july 16 no oil change me pay. then GM had the nerve to say pay 4 it & chase my money later 4 a refund. I got the email. even the BBB said it is in the time frame what is there problem. I stated its big business a $12-4 cost in product if they can not shell it they will. I can only imagine if a warranty issue comes up. I know I have test drove the new Hyundai sonata & I can say not bad. I have 2 cars 1 older that i'm going to replace by winter time. on the cruze 20K in 2 yrs i'm a prime candidate for a lease. my car still looks like new 2 yrs old. my buddy does this but he also know nothing on cars. & on a lease I can care less on tranny fluid etc stuff

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
This weekend I changed my oil it just hit 20,030 exactly. I also seen my oil pan needed a lil tighten as it was weeping (the gm tech should have fixed this IMO) & they had at min. 5 quarts of oil in my car.
you didnt check your dipstick this entire time?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Why does your dealership have anything to do with GM as a company? If your free oil changes expired, there is nothing the dealer can do. Also, why would you go through all this work for a 30 dollar oil change? Some battles in life just aren't worth fighting my friend. Time to find a new dealer if you don't like them.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bottom line I was in the time frame & this thread was about GMPP right? this is my experience. sorry if I hurt ur felling indy :( I am pro GM but there service leave little to be happy about IMO. warranty to me is like that jerry Seinfeld eps. a reservation is only good if someone keeps it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7uvttu8ct0

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why does your dealership have anything to do with GM as a company? If your free oil changes expired, there is nothing the dealer can do. Also, why would you go through all this work for a 30 dollar oil change? Some battles in life just aren't worth fighting my friend. Time to find a new dealer if you don't like them.
dealship said out of time even thou I was & GM tried to have me chase my money LOL. I belive in honoring what is in the contract. $30 is not the point as just stated. I'll buy this car again right now cash like I did this cruze. its the point of screwing a custy IMO & a cash one to boot. I believe my next car will be a hyundia lease & then I will careless on oil changes. I always have 2 cars most times. find a new dealer LOL the one I went to is one of the biggest around me so. this my experience u can flame all u want will never change my mind. service in most industries have been in a decline IMO. If you think it's about the money you got the wrong guy. its all about fair & truth. car held hostage for 2 days after paperwork. I paid cash that day & the held it for 2 days. which is what it is. but the oil change shaft gate is what I call this. I have AAA+ so 100 miles free towing. so don't say anything on reg & insurance. flat bed it home. like I will state again not money not honoring the deal agreed on. that all & a GMPP question I say **** no way save ur money 1000%

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
If you bought your car on 7/4/2014 then the two years actually ended on 7/3/2016. You were a day late - GM's offer to reimburse you was a goodwill gesture on their part.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Reactions: Merchlewitz

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,799 Posts
Mine has done a great job, not perfect but I am very pleased. :eusa_clap:
Both the dealer we bought ours from (and will buy from again, as we know the saleslady - they're just too far for service) and our local dealer where we've had it serviced have been just as described above.

We were just outside the B2B warranty for the side detection sensor, and the dealer covered it under warranty.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you bought your car on 7/4/2014 then the two years actually ended on 7/3/2016. You were a day late - GM's offer to reimburse you was a goodwill gesture on their part.
As obermd has stated, is it possible you miscalculated and was actually a day late in sticking to the two year oil change agreement?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I was going to say the same thing. Think of it on a smaller scale. Say it was 1 week and it started on Monday. The end of the week is Sunday. Monday starts a new week.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I only ranted cause I was starting a new job & work 60hr weeks. to me it's not money its the principle. That's al. she ready to hit 30K now I have two cars. I work a lot of hrs get my stay on bonus & sometimes abandon ship & get a new job a few months of vaca. I have no real bills, but when I work it's tough to have a real life & take care of things like I do. PS got my bonus & if it didn't snow & spring came a lil early. I was going camping in NH LOL for a month PEACE

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
30 bucks seems right, 25 bucks for a five quart bottle of Mobil One and another five bucks for a Delco oil filter from rockauto.com. Stores around here want 12 bucks for that piece of paper.

Even had a half a quart left over that is what exactly what my lawn mower or snowthrower took depending on the season. And knew exactly what was put in there, no dirty containers when using bulk oil. Could do this job quicker than driving to my dealers, and knew everything was cleaned and properly torqued, keep records, even photos.

Sure had a battle with GM to keep my full under engine cover and got this in writing. Also spayed all my rubber bushings with silicone, say oil and lube, but also say it doesn't have any zerk fittings, but guess they can't read the shop manual.

Dexos was actually cheaper than conventional, would get about twice the mileage with it over conventional.

Want it done right? DIY.

·
Super Moderator
7,738 Posts
Reactions: 1988gmc355

·
10,712 Posts
30 bucks seems right, 25 bucks for a five quart bottle of Mobil One and another five bucks for a Delco oil filter from rockauto.com. Stores around here want 12 bucks for that piece of paper.

Even had a half a quart left over that is what exactly what my lawn mower or snowthrower took depending on the season. And knew exactly what was put in there, no dirty containers when using bulk oil. Could do this job quicker than driving to my dealers, and knew everything was cleaned and properly torqued, keep records, even photos.

Sure had a battle with GM to keep my full under engine cover and got this in writing. Also spayed all my rubber bushings with silicone, say oil and lube, but also say it doesn't have any zerk fittings, but guess they can't read the shop manual.

Dexos was actually cheaper than conventional, would get about twice the mileage with it over conventional.

Want it done right? DIY.
GM is charging $49 for that Oil Change & Tire rotation here. Bring your own oil $20 to drain/fill and $15 for their filter and other "Shop Materials".

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Around here its $69.99, with tax, $73.84 is you request dexos, so what are this putting in for 30 bucks?

Dexos is the only approved oil in these things.

While my OEM oil drain plug made of pot metal, hex broke off when properly torqued and dealer wanted 19 bucks for a new one. Broke all my rules and went aftermarket with a Dorman 090211 made out of case hardened plated steel for only about three bucks. Never had problems with this one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts