Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Cruzers, we've joined the club!!!

After MUCH research and searching, I finally found a great little Cruze Turbo Diesel for me and my family. Yesterday my wife and I made the 5 hour drive south to go pick it up at Paul Thigpen Chevrolet in Vidalia, GA. Don Sweeney was our sales man and we had taken care of virtually everything via text messages before we even headed down and it was a very good experience!!! He had the car ready and waiting for us and the finance manager had the paperwork ready for us and offered extended warranty and GAP insurance but did not pressure us to buy it at all. It was a very smooth transaction. Our late lunch before heading back home took longer than it did to buy the car!!!

Not sure how long it will still be on the GM CPO website, but you can see the car here until I get a chance to take some pics of it myself...
Vehicle Detail

It is a Tungsten Metallic 2015 with LED DRLs, nav and backup camera. It also has the rubber weather floor mats and trunk mat as well as the cargo net. It had less than 4100 miles on it and is a CPO car so the B2B warranty is good for 4/48k from 10/15 when it was originally sold. It has the Jet Black interior so we definitely need to tint the windows SOON!!! I feel that I got a great deal on the car paying just $18,101 for the car with the CPO benefits of the 4/48 B2B and 6-100 powertrain warranties so I am very happy with the purchase!!!

My wife drove it home following me in our Jetta TDI (which is now for sale) and driving around 76 or so most of the time with a few spots of bad stop and go traffic along with rain that was very heavy at times and she got around 44.6 MPG hand calculated while the Jetta TDI got 42.2 MPG for the round trip... I hoped the MPG of the Cruze would be a little better but I am not at all disappointed in the car at all!

I will be doing upgrade articles on the car in Diesel World and/or Ultimate Diesel Builder's Guide magazines soon so keep an eye out for them.

·
2,170 Posts
Very nice! Once the Cruze engine breaks in a little and there's less mechanical loss you'll start picking up more MPGs.

Reactions: Chris Tobin

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Very nice! Once the Cruze engine breaks in a little and there's less mechanical loss you'll start picking up more MPGs.
How long does that take? He said it has around 4000 miles on it.

·
2,170 Posts
How long does that take? He said it has around 4000 miles on it.
I'm not sure about the diesel, but I noticed an increase after my first oil change at 2500 miles and the average mileage continued to increase slowly until about 10K miles where it seemed to level off.

It makes sense to my brain that a new engine has tighter tolerances which creates slightly more friction between the moving parts. I'm not sure if it would be enough to notice though, I think the way the vehicle is driven and the conditions it's driven in has a LOT more to do with achieved fuel efficiency.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
If your wife is like mine ... she doesn't like the darker tints, as they are more difficult to see out of during night driving. I recently went to a facility that installs MESA brand window film. They have one called MESA 5, which is very expensive compared to the darker tints, but I was amazed with the fact that it was nearly colorless, yet blocks out WAY more heat than the darker tints. It's actually so clear in color that I was tempted to see if they would put it on the windshield! If you have a store out there that carries the MESA brand of window film, I highly encourage you to check into it if you truly want to cut down on the interior temps inside your Cruze Diesel. I may still go back to see if they will do the windshield ... it really does block that much heat. Best of luck with your new CTD ... I'm jealous!

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
About time...
I had to make sure I found the right one. AND it had to be at the right price!!! Contrary to popular belief most freelance editors do not make a ton of money!!!

If your wife is like mine ... she doesn't like the darker tints, as they are more difficult to see out of during night driving. I recently went to a facility that installs MESA brand window film. They have one called MESA 5, which is very expensive compared to the darker tints, but I was amazed with the fact that it was nearly colorless, yet blocks out WAY more heat than the darker tints. It's actually so clear in color that I was tempted to see if they would put it on the windshield! If you have a store out there that carries the MESA brand of window film, I highly encourage you to check into it if you truly want to cut down on the interior temps inside your Cruze Diesel. I may still go back to see if they will do the windshield ... it really does block that much heat. Best of luck with your new CTD ... I'm jealous!
Mine actually likes the dark tint, but I will look into the MESA tint nonetheless. We had a '91 Nissan Maxima that was black on black and we tinted the rear windows double limo with the fronts limo and a limo sun strip then titanium tint the rest of the way down the windshield. It was a dark car on the inside!!! But it looked awesome from the outside!!!

I'm eager to get going on doing stuff with the car and hope to get some stuff going soon. Will probably add an Edge CTS soon and do the Fleece tuning too... I also plan on doing wheels and tires as well as upgrading the pads and rotors to help the braking. Does anyone know if someone makes stainless steel braided brake lines for the CTD yet? The brake feel and performance could definitely be improved! I also need to improve the stereo soon... Tons of stuff to do and precious little time to do it!!!

·
2,254 Posts
Gahhh, I missed this thread somehow.

Congratulations, I can't wait to read about it in Diesel World and Ultimate Diesel Buyers Guide Magazine! I'll have to pick one up in a store.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
wow thats a steal. out the door 100% i paid 25k for mine with GMAC and employee pricing with 0 miles.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow thats a steal. out the door 100% i paid 25k for mine with GMAC and employee pricing with 0 miles.
Ya, it's not an IndyDiesel deal, but I think I got a pretty good deal!!!

Reactions: IndyDiesel

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
absolutely,i also plan on the edge moniter or a ultra gauge mx 1.3

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I had to make sure I found the right one. AND it had to be at the right price!!! Contrary to popular belief most freelance editors do not make a ton of money!!!

Mine actually likes the dark tint, but I will look into the MESA tint nonetheless. We had a '91 Nissan Maxima that was black on black and we tinted the rear windows double limo with the fronts limo and a limo sun strip then titanium tint the rest of the way down the windshield. It was a dark car on the inside!!! But it looked awesome from the outside!!!

I'm eager to get going on doing stuff with the car and hope to get some stuff going soon. Will probably add an Edge CTS soon and do the Fleece tuning too... I also plan on doing wheels and tires as well as upgrading the pads and rotors to help the braking. Does anyone know if someone makes stainless steel braided brake lines for the CTD yet? The brake feel and performance could definitely be improved! I also need to improve the stereo soon... Tons of stuff to do and precious little time to do it!!!
I accidently curbed my CTD pretty hard and scratched the right rear wheel, if you decide to upgrade wheels and want to sell me one ortwo I would be interested. I don't recall scratching a wheel before.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Ya, it's not an IndyDiesel deal, but I think I got a pretty good deal!!!
My deal was insane, I wont ever be able to get a deal like it again price wise, a 5 plus hour delivery u should get a good deal. Again, congrats on your purchase, hope you and wife love the car as much as I love mine.

Reactions: Chris Tobin

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I accidently curbed my CTD pretty hard and scratched the right rear wheel, if you decide to upgrade wheels and want to sell me one ortwo I would be interested. I don't recall scratching a wheel before.
I'll consider it... We'll see how long it take me to get new ones but it should be happening in the not to distant future!

Reactions: IndyDiesel
1 - 15 of 15 Posts