Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i purchased a 2014 Cruze LT 1.4l in April 2018. I love the car however i have pretty much had every single common problem occur the last 5 months. I purchased the car with 79k miles and got a really good deal from a reputable dealership.

The first week i owned it, i hears a loud pop and lost acceleration plus the check engine light came on. Brought it back to the dealer, they told me the crankshaft main seal failed and they replaced it under warranty.

Next when i was changing sparkplugs in June i noticed oil on the plug in Cylinder 1. I brought it in, told them what i found. They told me the valve cover was warped and wasnt seated correctly. So they replaced the valve cover under warranty as well. Now this is where it goes down hill and fast.

The next day i notice oil on my driveway, i take a look and tuens out the valve cover is leaking again but worse. So i bring it back in again( car was down about 1.5 quarts of oil. They told me the valve cover wasnt seated properly and they replaced it again.

This passed August the car overheats out of no where. Had it towed to one dealer who told me it wasnt covered under warranty ( it has 90k on it at thos point and manufacturer's warranty expires this November or 100k mikes)

I get it towed back to the dealership i purchased it from and get them to cover the repairs under warranty.

They ended up needing to replace the water outlet, Surge tank hose, water pump, thermostat, and found the oil pan was leaking.

They replaced all of that in 3 days. I hoped this would be the last of my issues but i was wrong.

Check engine light has been coming off and on for P0420 which the dealer tells me is for the Catalytic Converter and that is definitely not coveres under warranty and also i have an oil leak still and it appears to be coming from the valve cover again.

So the car will be going back this week to have the oil leak addressed atleast.

As much as i love this car it has given me nothing but headaches. Has anyone else had this much trouble with their chevy cruze?

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
The 2014 was a particularly good year for the Chevy Cruze. With that said this car is prone to unlimited problems and headaches, it might have to do with the previous owner. Even though you have the problems, we paid full price for the same car New, have lost 1000's of dollars and are subject to the same problems you are experiencing. It all evens out in the end, in fact you might even be ahead of the game. Thank god for my "Extended Warranty" till 2021

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i mean thats my thoughts. I also purchased an extended warranty on mine. Ive been glad I haven't had to pay for any of the repairs yet. The dealer that did the valve cover told me the valve cover repair os covered for 2 years and unlimited miles. (I have that in writing too on my repair order). Its just been a real hassle having to constantly go back.

But i do tend to take care of my vehicles. I have already started to put Mobil 1 full synthetic high mileage oil in for my oil changes. Ive had all the fluids changed. So im hoping once everything settles down it will be good for a long time.

Pretty much every car i have owned has gone 180k+ for miles. I had a dodge neon that i traded in a few years ago, that had 298k on it.

I also had a 2008 civic that i kept maintained that had 188k on it when i totalled it but it had zero leaks and ran flawlessly.

I know that any car can go for as long as you need them to, as long as they are taken care of

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,421 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

Now that you have a number of the common issues repaired, I would think you'll be good for some time. Having said that, if you somehow need the valve cover replaced again, keep the old one and perform the PCV fix to it and keep it in reserve.

[h=1]GM 1.4L Turbo Intake Manifold PCV Valve Fix Kits[/h]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill try to get the valve cover back after the repair. But the dealer has been keeping them since the work has been done under warranty. I know the valve covers are notorious for failing in these vehicles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts