Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016.5 Cruze is starting to have an issue as the temperature fluctuates more than 30-40 degrees outside. We've had a few days here where in the morning it's 25F, then by evening it's close to 65F. During these extreme variances, my car seems to be having an issue where when I get to a stop sign, right at the last 10-0MPH, it will bounce, almost as if I didn't shift properly in a manual transmission, except I've got an automatic. The bounce is noticeable enough to where my coffee cup splashes/spills in the cup holder.

Has anyone had this issue? Will take it into service, again, they are getting to know me quite well, but wanted to see if anyone else had already done so and what it may be, so when they come back and say they can't reproduce the problem, since it's only 30F outside, I can have some back up.

Car has 7000 miles on it, has been driven for about 9 months now.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Are you sure your not experiencing nose dive coming to a stop ?
If so it's your front coil springs .

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
I would get out of the car and attempt to push down on the hood to see how much it bounces that way. to see if you have a problem with the shocks

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Cannot say I've had that issue! We've had some fairly wild temperature swings, but not quite 25-65. 30s to 50s-60s are common here.

On the suspension front, however, my Premier does hit the bump stops VERY easily if I smack a speed bump/pothole too hard. Not a whole lot of suspension travel I guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not much suspension travel at all on the LT as well. I hit a speed table about 25 and heard the scrape of the front air dam, then BAM as the rear bounced and I forgot I was carrying a crate of empty Mason Jars and shattered one of them all over my trunk. So make sure you don't use a Gen 2 Cruze for moonshine running!! Lol

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
I'm wondering if the OP is experiencing the pulse from a rotor out of spec. I've had cutomers from my past (non-car nuts) describe this as 'bounce'.

Rob

·
Registered
45 Posts
Would be helpful to know what exactly is bouncing? the front of the car the whole car? Is a violent rock like a boat on high seas or just a very soft float? can you feel anything happening in the brake peddle? Are the brakes still working in a smooth consistant manner or could it be biting and slipping that causes the bounce?
Is there any noise at the same time? Feel anything in the steering wheel?

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,141 Posts
By chance do you think the brakes are grabbing just a hair late? It is possible due to your driving / braking habits that he pads are cold - at really low temp - and when first stepping on the brake they may take a second to grab. If you have not "bedded" your brakes yet, read this: How to bed in your new brakes for street/urban driving

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I'm not exactly sure where it's originating from, it's unexpected when it occurs, but when it does its enough to splash liquid out of half empty cup. I'm almost wondering if it's transmission related.

I don't think it's a suspension issue, I did however do the press test and see, nothing out of the normal.

I have wondered if a rotor or pad is out of spec, I'd be surprised if it is rotor related. My brakes typically last at least 80,000 miles before I turn them. That'd have to be a defect otherwise. I'd have assumed a new car would of had the brakes prepared for the long haul, and of course during the initial 2000 miles I also follow the advice outlined in the linked article regarding bedding. I'm also not a fan of bedding way after the fact.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,141 Posts
There is a thread on intermittent trans uncoupling that may still be in the active list. Try looking at that. If I run across that link, I'll post it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts