Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking around and havent found any for my car. I have always replaced the stock rubber lines with braided when possible. Makes for a better pedal feel.

I have a company I go through for brake lines. I have been using them for a while now for use with a rear disc conversion a buddy and I offer.

would there be any interest in setting up a group buy for them? Fronts for sure, possibly rears as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm interested

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
I'm interested depending on cost, same as Dragonsys.

First off, if you do intend to sell anything on the forum you will have to PM XtremeRevolution about the details of your group buy, as forum rules dictate that unless you purchase a Vendor account, you cannot advertise any product for sale. As I said just send him a Private Message here on the forum and he will help you further.

In the meantime I will keep this thread open to continue to gauge interest, as braided brake lines would be a really nice buy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Braided lines consist of an inner hose wrapped in stainless steel braiding and coated with PVC which keeps the lines safe from the elements. They have been designed to remedy the performance issues found with stock rubber brake lines by pretty much eliminating the swelling characteristic of rubber hoses.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm interested depending on cost, same as Dragonsys.

First off, if you do intend to sell anything on the forum you will have to PM XtremeRevolution about the details of your group buy, as forum rules dictate that unless you purchase a Vendor account, you cannot advertise any product for sale. As I said just send him a Private Message here on the forum and he will help you further.

In the meantime I will keep this thread open to continue to gauge interest, as braided brake lines would be a really nice buy.
This is just a gauge of interest right now. I will definitely follow the proper channels if this becomes anything more.

I will look into a vendor account as I will definitely have more items available in the future.

·
Administrator
15,750 Posts
I have experienced issues from line swelling already, and I have less than 30k miles on the car. Also heat fade is horrible on these little brakes.
30k miles merits a brake fluid flush, especially if you are fading the brakes regularly.

I assume your rear drums are adjusted well?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
30k miles merits a brake fluid flush, especially if you are fading the brakes regularly.

I assume your rear drums are adjusted well?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yeah, I am getting the fluid from you very soon for the flush. I only get heat fade when I am in bad traffic, which luckily is not a lot, as I tend to get on the roads during non-peak times.
Yes, I have adjusted my drums, and it made a HUGE difference. This was one of the first things I did when I got the car.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To me brakes and suspension are the 2 most important parts of the car.

I try to explain to people they are definitely the first 2 upgrades I recommend when starting to make above stock power. It doesnt matter how fast you can go or how powerful your car is if you cant control it safely.

I believe you should be able to stop as fast as you can accelerate. Spongy brakes do not help with that at all.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also wanted to note that I got Andrei's blessing to move forward with this.

I will be double checking the lines specs tonight and ordering a set to test fit. I dont have to chck quality as I have had a set of these lines on both my previous cars plus there are about 50 other people that I have sold lines to for rear disc conversions on another platform.

I will post pricing in the next couple days once I get word from the manufacturer.

I am focusing mainly on the fronts right now. Once I get those worked out I will look into the rears for the cars equipped with rear discs. The cars with the drum rears will come after as they will be a little more of a pain.

I am bummed about that as my personal car has drum rears. Fortunately that opens the doors for the possibility of a rear disc conversion kit. That would be a while though.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm interested. I've also always done this mod for all my previous cars. If nothing else, it adds more peace of mind and they look pretty and last longer ;)

You can always make your own kit/set too via Earls or Russell Performance Russell Performance - Brake Hose Introduction

main_img.jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah, I am getting the fluid from you very soon for the flush. I only get heat fade when I am in bad traffic, which luckily is not a lot, as I tend to get on the roads during non-peak times.
Yes, I have adjusted my drums, and it made a HUGE difference. This was one of the first things I did when I got the car.
Wow! If you are getting fade in bad traffic then either you have an automatic and drive with 2 feet (dragging the brakes constantly) or really do not know how to use brakes properly. I've taken my cruze on the race track and was fairly impressed with the stock pads & rotors. I had very little fade and was able to manage the heat as well as my track car.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the pricing lined up.

There will be 2 ways to purchase these. Direct buy or group buy.

Direct buy will get you a front pair with new crush washers for $60 shipped in the us.

Group buy will have 2 options. 5-9 people $55 shipped 10+ people $50 shipped.

direct buy will allow you to get the lines when you want without having to wait to get enough people for the group buy. Once ordered there is about a week turn around time before I ship out to you. Shipping will be via usps priority mail with tracking information.

·
Registered
2014 Cruze 1LT with Tech and Convenience Pkgs.
349 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good price. I'll definitely be interested later, down the road...working on suspension currently. Will probably do a direct buy.

Russell lines for front and rear on my Cobalt were about $80 shipped a few years ago.

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
I will most likely direct buy. First I need to number crunch as I need a new set of tires before my tires go bald. Good thing I live in CA Lol.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts