Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My Cruze is Graphite Metallic and any given day/time appears grey, black or even a smoky blue or green. I will be blacking out the chrome and changing my wheels to black or graphite at some point and looking to do my calipers. I have narrowed my choices to Blue (would also compliment my LED interior lights) or Neon Green (well, just because it's something just a bit different).

Thoughts/opinions?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I always loved calipers that were painted to match the body. But brighter sportier colors are always cool too. I just wouldn't call that much attention to them if it were me unless they were a performance upgrade like the GM kit. But that's me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
not worth the time or price of the paint lol

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,796 Posts
To be fair, painting the bowties takes a lot less time.

I am in agreement with the post up above - I typically like them to match body color...but when you have a darker color body, then that doesn't quite have the same effect. Black always looks good, though it just means they hide even more behind a black/gray wheel, but being a stock caliper, that might not be the worst thing. Those who notice will appreciate the painted caliper, but those same people might wonder why you painted them a bright color if they're just normal stock calipers.

That said, if you did do a contrasting color, it usually works well to coordinate it with something else on the exterior of your vehicle - or a color you might plan to add to the exterior.

If I were in your position, I'd probably go with a black caliper, behind a gunmetal/gunmetal wheel given the color of your car.

·
Registered
257 Posts
dealer did the bowties for me when i got it used for free and kn filter takes like 5 minutes...

·
Registered
257 Posts
this is just my daily im just saying i dont care that much lol especially with stock wheels

1 - 11 of 11 Posts