Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 cruze

I took both front brake caliper bolts out and then the caliper is supposed to pull straight off but it will not come off. It moves some but it feels like there is something still holding it in place. Am I missing a hidden clip or bolt that needs to be removed? Do I need to pry it off? I have never worked on cruze front disk brakes before but I have replaced pads and rotors on other vehicles I have owned with no problems. Parking brake is off.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,167 Posts
2015 cruze

I took both front brake caliper bolts out and then the caliper is supposed to pull straight off but it will not come off. It moves some but it feels like there is something still holding it in place. Am I missing a hidden clip or bolt that needs to be removed? Do I need to pry it off? I have never worked on cruze front disk brakes before but I have replaced pads and rotors on other vehicles I have owned with no problems. Parking brake is off.

Read this thread: DIY how to replace brake pads

and probably thisr one: How-To: Replace Front Brake Pads & Rotors

I am assuming you have a Gen I

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I reviewed both threads before I started brake project. Both show caliper pulls right off after removing 2 bolts. Maybe I need to pull harder but it feels like it is catching on something..??

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Did you compress the piston a little with a c clamp. Sounds like me its hung up on a rust lip on the rotor.

·
10,712 Posts
Depends on how bad they are, the backing on the pads could be in the process of falling completely apart. A slight pry is what I did for mine. You have any pics of where you are in the process?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did not try again. Will try this weekend. I originally thought it my be the edge of the rotor but the pads don't come off with the caliper. I think it just needs a good wak.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.