Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

brake caliper wont pull off. help??

2727 12
2015 cruze

I took both front brake caliper bolts out and then the caliper is supposed to pull straight off but it will not come off. It moves some but it feels like there is something still holding it in place. Am I missing a hidden clip or bolt that needs to be removed? Do I need to pry it off? I have never worked on cruze front disk brakes before but I have replaced pads and rotors on other vehicles I have owned with no problems. Parking brake is off.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,986 Posts
2015 cruze

I took both front brake caliper bolts out and then the caliper is supposed to pull straight off but it will not come off. It moves some but it feels like there is something still holding it in place. Am I missing a hidden clip or bolt that needs to be removed? Do I need to pry it off? I have never worked on cruze front disk brakes before but I have replaced pads and rotors on other vehicles I have owned with no problems. Parking brake is off.

Read this thread: DIY how to replace brake pads

and probably thisr one: How-To: Replace Front Brake Pads & Rotors

I am assuming you have a Gen I

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.