Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am doing the brakes on my 2012 Cruze LT. I am working on the left rear brake. When I try to install the metal caliper clips, they don't seem to be flush with the caliper. Not sure if this is correct or if I should return the clips and get new ones. I will include pictures below. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Wood Bag Wood stain Hardwood Automotive exterior

Wood Hardwood Fashion accessory Leather Macro photography

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi, I am doing the brakes on my 2012 Cruze LT. I am working on the left rear brake. When I try to install the metal caliper clips, they don't seem to be flush with the caliper. Not sure if this is correct or if I should return the clips and get new ones. I will include pictures below. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

View attachment 295754

View attachment 295755
I also had trouble with this when I did my brakes. If I remember correctly I actually had to flip or spin the clip one direction as I was trying to pop them into place incorrectly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A part number would be useful. If you're in a hurry you can reuse the old ones.
The rear pads, which came with the clips, are part # DE1468
I also had trouble with this when I did my brakes. If I remember correctly I actually had to flip or spin the clip one direction as I was trying to pop them into place incorrectly
Not sure how else they can go in, can you give any more detail on what you did?

·
Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
843 Posts
part # DE1468
I confirmed those seem to be the correct parts. I also found a video that kind of confirms the clips really don't fit as well as one would expect. Take a look at about 6 minutes in to the video. It is hard to tell from your pics but you may need to wire brush the calipers off a bit, then the clips should just snap in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The rear pads, which came with the clips, are part # DE1468

Not sure how else they can go in, can you give any more detail on what you did?
I'm sorry I wish I could. I don't remember well enough, and it was my first brake job.

I do recall having trouble with this clip at first. But my father grabbed it and popped it in right away.

I also had trouble getting the break pads to sit correctly at first, so maybe it is those I had to flip/spin.

Maybe that dude was right that said it sits correctly when you put your brake pads on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts