Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

10,589 Posts
It all depends, As ober was saying earler 11's had an issue where hand brake could be 2 clicks up and not set off the brake light on the dash. Also said the rear drums were not adjusted for the North American models. Given by your currency rate, same must be said where yours was assembled as well.

For me my rotors were bad at 20K Miles and pads were shot about 60ish K miles. Replacing them both with quality parts usually prolongs that issue.

10,589 Posts
That seems backwards...
Yeah weirder things have happened with me and that car. They had the death wobble from no rear brakes and a few 70 to 0 stops since the turnpike was my primary route with the car. The wobble was only at freeway speeds so I ignored it pretty much. When I say no rear brakes, I had to be in gear to hold the car still as the "parking assist" handle as the dealership called it wouldn't park the car on it's own. It took about 6 months for them to finally get it working.

10,589 Posts
If your brakes are working OK, not jerking, pulling left or right not making load squealing noises, I would not worry about them at 20,000 miles. You could always take your car to a highly rated shop for another opinion for piece of mind. Just remember all shops make money by replacing parts and who can argue brand new parts aren't better than old parts even if they are not really needed..
You also run the risk of them charging to turn the rotors with the intent of taking too much meat off then charging for the removal and install of new rotors and pads anyways. Been there done that years ago, I kept deploying so my 3 year old 14,000 mile car usually sat in TDY lot with rotor rust build up. Eventually the wobble was too much for such a newish car I listened to just remove the surface rust since the rotors for that car was $120 each. Ended up paying to turn rotors then buy more after my foot instantly went to the floor from them removing only "surface rust". Luckily the "labor" was me @ $8 an hr stall fees in the base auto hobby shop so I only got partially taken of newly acquired freedom monies. The price of the Centric blanks and whatever pads you choose for this car in question today is less than 1.5 hours labor at most shops here according to online shopping at places like Rock Auto for example.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.