Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
I hate to be the devils advocate but I have 2012 Cruze and at @30K my front pads were worn only because of a problem I had with my front brake calipers. That and the back brakes not adjusting correctly. In any case, if you are concerned about it, I would take it to get another opinion. but listen for the noises you others have mentioned.

· Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
I am not disputing that the PADS may be worn and in need of replacement, but my impression was that they are telling him that his rotors are worn down. Maybe it's a misunderstanding, though.

Yea I agree the rotors being worn out not likely! As you said:
At worst, they could be refinished through a process called "turning" (which is not always a viable option).
After all that is all I had done to mine in the last 80K even after the pads wore groves from the calipers being seized.

This guy sounds like this K-Mart my mom went to @ 1980 with our '77 Nova with about 25K on it also. They claimed the drums were worn beyond turning so they charged my mom for new shoes and drums on this Nova when my dad went back and questioned this they said they threw them away bc they were too worn. That is why mentioned getting a second opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.