Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever look into or install a brake light flasher module? The German cars have this built in an configurable for the rear tail lights so if the brake pedal is depressed, the lights flash quickly (usually 4 of 5 times) and then solid until the brake pedal is depressed again. Most emergency vehicles have this feature as well.

I would be interested in an integration of a separate module for the rear tail light. Curious if anyone has come across this before

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
Might want to check local laws. They can be illegal.

Personally, I hate them. If you ever get stuck behind one in slow traffic. You'll understand why. If they'd flash on harder than normal braking, that's one thing. But every time the brake pedal is pushed. *%#$ no. It teaches you to ignore their light. In a rear-end collision, the other driver could claim "defective equipment" and shift the responsibility of the accident.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might want to check local laws. They can be illegal.

Personally, I hate them. If you ever get stuck behind one in slow traffic. You'll understand why. If they'd flash on harder than normal braking, that's one thing. But every time the brake pedal is pushed. *%#$ no. It teaches you to ignore their light. In a rear-end collision, the other driver could claim "defective equipment" and shift the responsibility of the accident.
I’m only interest in trying to combat distracted driving, having been victim to several rear ends in the past. The fact that it is annoying to drivers does not concern me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts