Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pulled over by a police officer today, who informed me that both my brake lights were out. If it weren't for the third light in the rear windshield, she said I probably would have been towed on the spot. I have since replaced one bulb but nothing changed, so I haven't touched the second one yet. The taillights are fine, however. I've been told that because both the lights are out at the same time, it's probably the fuse. I can't, however, figure out what fuse goes to the brake lights. I have tried looking at the fuse box diagram in my owner's manual but can't seem to figure out which fuse I need. Does anybody know? And is it correct to assume the problem is the fuse?

·
Registered
779 Posts
It's a good start, look at the fuse box lid under your hood. I haven't had to deal with tailight issues so I am not sure if the fuse is in that box or another inside the car. Start there. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Chk fuse panel lid for layout.
The legends are odd, look close to determine if the fuze is above or below the loc number.

I think it might be a brake pedal switch. GM is known for cruddy units on trucks.

This "may" have a legend.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...0a7_YQ&usg=AFQjCNFfXcowbDfLcTIFsJ_t_NB8c7QWlQ

Here is some wiring data
2011-*Chevrolet*Cruze*Vehicle Wiring Chart and Diagram

Online manual, lemme know which of these work.
I cannot d/l to see.
2011 Chevrolet Cruze Owners manual, part manuals, and Service manuals - MobilSurakarta.com

I kinda doubt a fuse myself but ya never know.
I have seen faulty fuses on Nissan during my time as a tech.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Important, you cannot rely on a VOM to check for a fuse that "opens" during load.
When in doubt, replace with a new brand name fuse.

Buss is a good mfg.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I was pulled over by a police officer today, who informed me that both my brake lights were out. If it weren't for the third light in the rear windshield, she said I probably would have been towed on the spot. I have since replaced one bulb but nothing changed, so I haven't touched the second one yet. The taillights are fine, however. I've been told that because both the lights are out at the same time, it's probably the fuse. I can't, however, figure out what fuse goes to the brake lights. I have tried looking at the fuse box diagram in my owner's manual but can't seem to figure out which fuse I need. Does anybody know? And is it correct to assume the problem is the fuse?

jimhensongrl,
If you are not able to get this issue resolved I would recommend that you have your dealer look into this for you. They would be able to get this taken care of. Please keep me posted and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have the same issue I have a JG Cruze 2010 Automatic I cannot get the gear shift out of Park, and the key cannot be removed from the lock. I suspected the Brake switch but when I depress the pedal the back window brake light comes on but the main brake lights do not. I cannot find a fuse for the brake circuit either in the engine bay or the fusebox beside the glove box. Is there a Fuse or relay I can check. The bulbs appear to be ok . Does anyone know which fuse/s control the Brake lights

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have the same issue I have a JG Cruze 2010 Automatic I cannot get the gear shift out of Park, and the key cannot be removed from the lock. I suspected the Brake switch but when I depress the pedal the back window brake light comes on but the main brake lights do not. I cannot find a fuse for the brake circuit either in the engine bay or the fusebox beside the glove box. Is there a Fuse or relay I can check. The bulbs appear to be ok . Does anyone know which fuse/s control the Brake lights
Hey dude.. have u already fix the problem of your cruze? we have same issues.. my car wont shift out of park and brake lights wont come out only the third brake lights which is in the rear dash at the center.. and also adding to that my trunk cannot be open both by the keys and the button inside my car..
can somebody help us about this..

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,667 Posts
Hey dude.. have u already fix the problem of your cruze? we have same issues.. my car wont shift out of park and brake lights wont come out only the third brake lights which is in the rear dash at the center.. and also adding to that my trunk cannot be open both by the keys and the button inside my car..
Welcome Aboard!

Are there any codes? Have you done any aftermarket wiring to your Cruze? Have you changed your negative battery cable?

Special Coverage #14311: Negative Battery Cable

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Hi I have the Same... Did you manage to figure it out and get it going again???

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Cruze LS
41 Posts
Did you get this fixed? Mine just did this last night. Brake lights don’t turn on when brake pedal pressed, get out of park, trunk won’t open.

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Cruze LS
41 Posts
Hi,
You ever get this resolved? Going through the same thing and no ones seems to know the root of the issue. Anything would help please.

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Cruze LS
41 Posts
Hi,
Did you ever get this figured out? If so what was the problem. Mine just started doing this. Also my trunk will not open.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,667 Posts
Had anyone solved this problem
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Have you done any aftermarket wiring in the trunk?
Have you checked the lamps?
Have you checked the fuse?

The under hood fuse box is on top of the battery and the underdash fuse box is under the little removeable door on the left side of the steering column.

This is my rendition of my fuse block for a US based (LHD) Cruze. Look in your owners manual for a RHD Cruze.

Fusebox.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Have you done any aftermarket wiring in the trunk?
Have you checked the lamps?
Have you checked the fuse?

The under hood fuse box is on top of the battery and the underdash fuse box is under the little removeable door on the left side of the steering column.

This is my rendition of my fuse block for a US based (LHD) Cruze. Look in your owners manual for a RHD Cruze.

Fusebox.jpg

I looked at every fuse in both boxes and do not see a fuse for tail/brake light.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Changed the bulbs, Brake switch and fuse for the tail/stop light and still having this problem. No tail lights or brake light except the 3rd brake light in the back window which is working. Does anyone have another solution to correcting this problem. Also the trunk will not open and the gear shift is stuck in Park (unless I push the override button).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts