Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the new layout on the website - but one thing is missing: brake lights. The dual filament kind.

The 2013 owner's manual calls for a 3057K LCP bulb.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
I Don't Know , But Nick has those down pat ..given he has a Manual ....would that possibly be in the O manual ?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing is, the Cruze seems to have two lights: A tail light (mounted on the trunk) and the combo tail light/brake light (mounted in the fender). The owner's manual doesn't list different numbers. Using dual filament bulbs in a single filament application is fine for cheap bulbs that only cost a few bucks. A significant waste for LEDs.

I think I'll have to pull my lights this weekend and see what's really in there.

And if the shop manual has this info, I can't find it. But the schematics confirm the light layout as described above.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'll be ****. Chevy did put a dual filament bulb in a single filament application. I pulled out my trunk tail lights enough to see the dual filament and count only two wires leading away from the socket. So it takes two pairs to outfit a Cruze.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
So . Is IT the Bulb in the O Book ?

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
The 3156/7 LED bulb models will work in both single and dual-filament sockets

The only single vs. dual filament socket / bulb combo you really have to keep an eye out for the 1156 & 1157. Those bulbs have either 1 or 2 contacts on the base of the bulb.

Thank you!
Nick C.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not a question of working as much as cost. Brightness = $$. I'd hate to buy a more expensive LED for the "bright/dim" function when the car only uses "dim" for that socket. But I'd have to see if there is a socket compatible version that's only the dim. There may not be.

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
It's not a question of working as much as cost. Brightness = $$. I'd hate to buy a more expensive LED for the "bright/dim" function when the car only uses "dim" for that socket. But I'd have to see if there is a socket compatible version that's only the dim. There may not be.
If you are referring to the disparity in output between running light and when the brakes are applied, our LED bulb replacements are all designed specifically with that functionality in mind.

A quality automotive LED replacement will have a noticeable difference in output with the single and dual-filament intensities

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you are referring to the disparity in output between running light and when the brakes are applied, our LED bulb replacements are all designed specifically with that functionality in mind.
Understood.

The Cruze has 4 taillight sockets used for running lights. Only two of those sockets are used for brake lights. But the same bulbs is specified for all 4 sockets. It seems like I should be able to buy a cheaper "taillight only" bulb to use for those two sockets. But I'm not sure such a thing exists.

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
Understood.

The Cruze has 4 taillight sockets used for running lights. Only two of those sockets are used for brake lights. But the same bulbs is specified for all 4 sockets. It seems like I should be able to buy a cheaper "taillight only" bulb to use for those two sockets. But I'm not sure such a thing exists.
You could go with an HP48 for the inner section, and maybe something brighter for the outer spot, like an HP11 or XP80

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You could go with an HP48 for the inner section, and maybe something brighter for the outer spot, like an HP11 or XP80
That's certainly an idea. Although I think because of reflector design, those lights already seem dimmer.

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
That's certainly an idea. Although I think because of reflector design, those lights already seem dimmer.
The HP48 utilizes factory reflector housings nicely due to it's diffusing lens and reflective top

But the factory housing plays a big factor in how the output is spread

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys must be getting hammered today. It took over a full minute for the order to go though.

Also, you're missing an opportunity - you don't have any options for the Cruze interior. Nothing for map (W5W), dome (W5W), or vanity. And nothing showing the add-on footwell kit.

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
You guys must be getting hammered today. It took over a full minute for the order to go though.

Also, you're missing an opportunity - you don't have any options for the Cruze interior. Nothing for map (W5W), dome (W5W), or vanity. And nothing showing the add-on footwell kit.
We have over 4x the normal traffic on our site today. We beefed up our server and made some changes to the site, but we are incredibly busy

Ideally we will be bringing a Cruze into the studio for full interior comparison shots and installation videos, but it takes time. We bring a new vehicle in every week

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ideally we will be bringing a Cruze into the studio for full interior comparison shots and installation videos, but it takes time. We bring a new vehicle in every week
That's cool, but that's not what I'm addressing - it's a catalog issue. Other than the trunk light, there's no interior options in your catalog listed under the Cruze. I know that's not true (my car is proof of that), but that's what your web page shows.

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
That's cool, but that's not what I'm addressing - it's a catalog issue. Other than the trunk light, there's no interior options in your catalog listed under the Cruze. I know that's not true (my car is proof of that), but that's what your web page shows.
That's because we haven't had a Cruze in the studio. We don't like to list interior locations unless we've had one in the studio to confirm fitment.

Our bulb models fit (as confirmed), but we have to get those professional images added to make the listing

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ah, a note to that effect would be nice. Otherwise, it looks like you have nothing to offer in that area.

Something like "Don't see you application listed? Try searching on the bulb type."

1 - 19 of 19 Posts