Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 2LT RS and I'm going to be replacing the pads and rotors on all four corners. My question is how do I know if I have the 15" brakes or the 16" brakes? I've tried entering my VIN into parts websites and they list both as correct. I purchased the Power Stop Z23 kit and I'm hoping that I got the correct size rotors. Also the torque specs are very different if you have the larger rotors and I don't want to get that wrong either. I read that the larger brake package was called J60 and the smaller was J67 or J93 but how do I know which is on my car. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Measure it??

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Diesel has larger brakes that are unique to the Diesel (LUZ) because it's a cast iron block and about 500 lbs heavier than the gas engine vehicle... I do know the Diesel has brakes the are different, I suspect they'd be the larger brakes.. but I'm just guessing here.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Ok, The Diesel has 300mm rotors (11.8"), and 17" wheels. I assume the 15" and 16" you refer to is wheel size. Your tires will have a rim size on them as in R15 or R16. That will tell you what size wheel you have. The reason you might not know by VIN and application charts is there was likely an option package available for the larger wheels and brakes, perhaps the RS package? Again, just trying to make a guess here. Here is what the Diesel Brakes are, there is a note, not for the Gasoline Cruze: Cruze Diesel Front Brake Rotor Fremax - 23118275 - BD1557 - IDParts.com

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,204 Posts
The J60 are those of the diesel - they won't fit, as they use a different lug pattern entirely.

From what I can tell, J67 are the Gas Cruze four-wheel disc brakes, and J93 is for front disc/rear drum brakes. Looks like both of those use the same front rotor, but obviously J67 has rear discs. Nothing is shared with the J60 Diesel Cruze brakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts