Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I did searching and I found zzp sells a larger brake kit for the cruze. now after pulling lots and lots of teeth with them they told me calipers are Camaro calipers. I like this a lot and give them praise for getting a common caliper that's easy to find and cheap. as for the rotors they are proprietary to them. personal I cannot and will not pay 500$ for bakes that I have only 1 suppler, is like buying a HK al over again. is there a big brake kit that uses a rotor from a common car? if not looks like im using hawk or ebc pads with cryo treated stop teck slotted rotors with brembo brake fluid

big brake kit for my jeep uses either pickup or corvette rotors, this I what im looking for.

·
Super Moderator
7,682 Posts
You're a diesel, right?

The diesel shares front hub components with the Cadillac ATS. I'd look there first for easy to install brake upgrades.

But honestly, I find the diesel's brakes really strong.

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
The diesel shares front hub components with the Cadillac ATS. I'd look there first for easy to install brake upgrades.

But honestly, I find the diesel's brakes really strong.
This...I've thought many times about throwing the Brembos from an ATS on there, but never found anything about that.

But then I end up thinking the exact same thing - it brakes perfectly fine already.

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YAH im diesel. well the thing is that I autocross and do track days. the brakes are quite strong for daily traffic but on the track I can predict brake fade and over heating. heavy ish 4 door, with my super aggressive driving I overheated my supra brakes lol.

·
Super Moderator
7,682 Posts
I suggest that you talk to oilburner.

Also moving this thread to diesel technical where it will attract responses specific to the diesel's unique brake package.

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what year shares components? I can get a caliper here tomorrow since I work at Chevy. ill test fit I and see if it works..would be awesome to have brembo brakes

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
Running a more open wheel with higher performance brake pads will help. Going from 15" steelies to my 18" MSR 045s on my Cobalt made a huge improvement in brake cooling.

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
what year shares components? I can get a caliper here tomorrow since I work at Chevy. ill test fit I and see if it works..would be awesome to have brembo brakes
Other than the V, all the ATSs have the same brakes, I do believe.

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was also wanting to get some flat aluminum and weld up some brake ducts. this way I have additional cooling from the factory 17s and the ducts. increases component life but a tiny bit more drag.

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
I'm definitely thinking it may be possible, at least maybe with a bracket, since the ATS runs 17's in most configurations.

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im hoping the bolts just line up and maybe get a custom brake line. but more then likely the calipers will need a bracket and I don't have the manufacturing means to do so

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
I did find this on a Cadillac forum, supposedly from an eBay listing of an ATS front caliper

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok ill have to get my calipers and measure the ctd eye to eye distance to see if they work. if only i had another ctd member nearby that needs brake pads ten I would be the perfect experiment

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
Yeah, I couldn't find any similar measurements for the diesel front calipers.

·
Registered
990 Posts
CTD brake upgrade

1. stock calipers with fbody rotors and hawk pads
2. fbody calipers redrilled and brackets redrilled to 14mm

these will allow you to keep stock rims and be within standard offset. You could use the base ATS rotors and twin piston base calipers but the fbody parts can be had for under $100 for calipers and redrilled rotors for about the same

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the recommendation sneak. primarily what im going for is no bracket. I want a simple bolt on, bleed, and go. if the ats fit the bolts no problem that would be ideal. I don't have the manufacturing capabilities or access to make the brackets for a different caliper. heck if I could I would love to slap some 370z or some bmw calipers but a guy can dream

·
Registered
990 Posts
You don't need to make brackets to put the Fbody calipers on you just need to change from the ctd 14mm to the fbody 12mm you should be able to do the sleeve trick on the bolt Or locate the base ATS calipers and breakets that are 14mm and twin piston they are more expensive then the fbody parts but work the same.

if you just want a quick upgrade Base ATS rotors on your stock calipers they are both 12" but the ATS just has more thickness I believe the offset on the rotor is close

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would like the ats since it stays at 14 mm rather then 12. now with the ats brembo calipers can I jut slap the ats 14mm rotors on there and they will fit perfectly on he hub? I like the f body calipers for availability and cost but im willing to spend some extra $for twin piston and they look fantastic

·
Registered
990 Posts
I would like the ats since it stays at 14 mm rather then 12. now with the ats brembo calipers can I jut slap the ats 14mm rotors on there and they will fit perfectly on he hub? I like the f body calipers for availability and cost but im willing to spend some extra $for twin piston and they look fantastic
both ATS base and Fbody calipers are Twin piston calipers.

The ATS does not have a 14" brake option.

if you were to get the ATS sport calipers you'll also need new rims to clear them from looking at the spoke design of the stockers may work for someone with aftermarket wheels also don't forget the rotor offset and custom brake lines

1 - 20 of 126 Posts