Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Typically I change the brakes myself on my 2012 Chevy Cruze. I've ntocied ever since the factory brakes that the front passenger brake pads wear out quicker then my driver side. To be more specific the inner pad wear out really bad comparing to the outer pad. Per routine inspection when I take my car to get service, they say that the brake pads are wearing out evenly, but I find that hard the believe being that I take them off myself and see that's not the case.

Being that I've personally only replaced my brakes twice, I never considered to flush and replace the brake fluid til I tackle this next project. But my question would be, being that the inner pad is wearing out faster then the outer pad, will anyone think that it's a problem with the caliper? Or am I getting ahead of myself and should just flush and put new brake fluid and see how the brakes react this time around?

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,167 Posts
Welcome Back!:welcome:

I would look at this thread, How-To: Replace Front Brake Pads & Rotors to make sure you have installed them correctly. I know from experience that if every thing is not fully seated, etc. the pads can wear unevenly and the Napa parts by me anyways will not honor the lifetime pad warranty if they are not even.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Sounds like the guide pins are stuck. I always pull them out and lubricate them when I change brake pads to prevent this from happening. Also make sure the boots on them are not torn which will allow dirt and debris to get in and cause problems.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sounds like the guide pins are stuck. I always pull them out and lubricate them when I change brake pads to prevent this from happening. Also make sure the boots on them are not torn which will allow dirt and debris to get in and cause problems.
I second this. It would certainly be cheaper than replacing the entire caliper; and If it doesn't work, then replacing the caliper is still an option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.