Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Brakes

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Brittanysjaynes 
#1 ·
My brakes are acting up one day they are ok and others it feels like I'm pushing my pedal almost all the way down I let up and push it again and its ok... just had a whole brake job done and a new manifold before that...its not doin it as much but still feel like once or twice the pedal is half way down I typed in my vin number and it doesn't have any open recalls...but i was reading about the vaccuum booster switch...think maybe this is it ??? Help please

#3 ·
Intermittent squishy pedal is a symptom a failed master cylinder, or rarely a failing ABS pump assembly.

When a master cylinder with a lot of miles, or dirty fluid gets stroked completely (like when the pedal is pushed with brakes apart) the seals get dragged through any debris inside the assembly. This causes debris to get stuck around the seals, and it makes the leak(internally) sometimes and seal other times. It's a pretty common early symptom of failure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.