Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased one. I am looking at purchasing a new exhaust system but cant find any kits. How long does it usually take aftermarket dealers to manufacture new products for new cars? Can anyone recommend any if there are some and I am just blind? I am also looking at a new cold air filter and the only one is a k&n. Can anyone attest to their quality? Also any other recommendations on what I should do in general with my new Cruze?

·
Registered
692 Posts
If this is a classic, you should be able to find a bunch, because 2012-2015 is the same car, same powertrain. If it's the new body style, not sure

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If this is a classic, you should be able to find a bunch, because 2012-2015 is the same car, same powertrain. If it's the new body style, not sure
Sweet thanks, any recommendations on tuning it? I've read about the trifecta tune. Will any of these modifications void warranty (air filter/exhaust/tunes)?

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked one up as well, and all I ccan find is the GM kit that you can chose to get when you first buy the car. It cost $995.00. Ill keep looking and let you know if I find anything.....as long as you do the same :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I picked one up as well, and all I ccan find is the GM kit that you can chose to get when you first buy the car. It cost $995.00. Ill keep looking and let you know if I find anything.....as long as you do the same
I just contacted MagnaFlow and they said it should be "AT LEAST a few months" for a kit from them to come out. So hopefully soon! I want a dual exhaust setup haha and I think the one GM offers is only a single exhaust and for not LTZ RS models.

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Great purchase decision I think. There's a lot of information about the trifecta tune on their website. And from what I've read in these forums, if you want a real increase in the feel of the delivery of power, the trifecta is the way to go. A cheaper way to make your car happier is to feed it premium gas. The 1.4L turbo is designed to run either 87 or 91+ but if your running the 87 timing it is quite retarded. Literally. I noticed a gain in fuel economy too switching to 93. But whatever gas you choose, it should at least meet the "top tier" qualifications, you can read about that on their website. Enjoy your new ride, and keep us updated!

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
I see no need for 93 in a 2014+ CRUZE & Top Tier​®© is a marketing tool. The Top Tier & the Bottom Tier stations in my town are charging the same, and the same trucks service them.

·
2,168 Posts
All I know is, both top tier and 91+ are recommended to me by Chevrolet, the people who made my car. Personally, I'm gonna keep using Shell 93, I don't have to buy a whole lot of gas anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I just contacted MagnaFlow and they said it should be "AT LEAST a few months" for a kit from them to come out. So hopefully soon! I want a dual exhaust setup haha and I think the one GM offers is only a single exhaust and for not LTZ RS models.
www.badnewsracing.net

Has all you need for your Cruze. The current body style Cruze, has been out in the US since 2011. And almost nothing has changed. When the new body style comes out, that they just announced late last year, everything will change. But as far as right now, everything will fit. If you decide to get a filter kit, the only thing that may be lacking is the C.A.R.B sticker, if you live in California. 2016s may have yet to be validated. Bad News Racing is a vendor here. Back out to the main Forum page, and scroll down and you will find the vendors section.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
www.badnewsracing.net

Has all you need for your Cruze. The current body style Cruze, has been out in the US since 2011. And almost nothing has changed. When the new body style comes out, that they just announced late last year, everything will change. But as far as right now, everything will fit. If you decide to get a filter kit, the only thing that may be lacking is the C.A.R.B sticker, if you live in California. 2016s may have yet to be validated. Bad News Racing is a vendor here. Back out to the main Forum page, and scroll down and you will find the vendors section.
Sweet thanks! I contacted Magnaflow and they said their exhaust system would not fit my car? Are they misinformed?

I am really interested in getting it soon as there is a sale going on that saves me 10% on the price!

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Contact Jerry @ BNR. I have no access to a 2016. He probably sees them all day long. I don't know why it would be any different. Unless they think it's the new body style.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the team, as I am almost 99% certain you purchased a 2016 Cruze Limited (same style as 11-15 Cruzes) when you messaged Magnaflow and said 2016 Cruze, certainly they are thinking the new unreleased model when they say it'll only be a few months till they come out with one, as well don't have info for you. Because the 11-16 Limited models have plenty of exhaust choices.

TruBendz - Catback Exhaust - Chevrolet - 11-15 Chevy Cruze - TruBendz Technology
is affordable and uses magnaflow mufflers.

Borla - Cruze 2011-2015 Cat-Back Exhaust part # 140352
is top quality but a little more money.

ZZP - ZZP Cruze Stainless Catback Exhaust - Exhaust
is good quality for a fair price.

Now, as for tunes! I have both BNR EFI Live and Trifecta. I am urging you to not get Trifecta. It did more harm then good for my vehicle, was more of pain in the ass than enjoyment. Results were not what was promised. BNR EFI Live tune is the way to go. Jerry is a whiz when it comes to tuning, he has the safest and most enjoyable tunes. Give him the business if you do decide to tune your car. A proper tune will be night and day difference in power and drivability.

If you have facebook CruzeTalk has a page, search them out, people are willing to help there asap.

·
Registered
692 Posts
If they are the same price, I would get the top tier, always. I guess it could be the same about Dexos oil. But, I pay a little extra to get the top tier gas, and pay more to make sure I get Dexos oil

I see no need for 93 in a 2014+ CRUZE & Top Tier​®© is a marketing tool. The Top Tier & the Bottom Tier stations in my town are charging the same, and the same trucks service them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a 2014, 1.4T and there is a difference in 87 Vs 93 octane. Part throttle acceleration and passing is much smoother with the higher octane than it is on 87. i will say the car ran pretty well on the 87, but i do notice a slight acceleration benefit with 93. that being said, my mileage hasnt really gone up, so is it worth the extra 3--70 cents a gallon? thats up to you to decide if you want to spend the money or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome to the team, as I am almost 99% certain you purchased a 2016 Cruze Limited (same style as 11-15 Cruzes) when you messaged Magnaflow and said 2016 Cruze, certainly they are thinking the new unreleased model when they say it'll only be a few months till they come out with one, as well don't have info for you. Because the 11-16 Limited models have plenty of exhaust choices.

TruBendz - Catback Exhaust - Chevrolet - 11-15 Chevy Cruze - TruBendz Technology
is affordable and uses magnaflow mufflers.

Borla - Cruze 2011-2015 Cat-Back Exhaust part # 140352
is top quality but a little more money.

ZZP - ZZP Cruze Stainless Catback Exhaust - Exhaust
is good quality for a fair price.

Now, as for tunes! I have both BNR EFI Live and Trifecta. I am urging you to not get Trifecta. It did more harm then good for my vehicle, was more of pain in the ass than enjoyment. Results were not what was promised. BNR EFI Live tune is the way to go. Jerry is a whiz when it comes to tuning, he has the safest and most enjoyable tunes. Give him the business if you do decide to tune your car. A proper tune will be night and day difference in power and drivability.

If you have facebook CruzeTalk has a page, search them out, people are willing to help there asap.
I see, I greatly appreciate all the info! I have already purchased trifecta and I am waiting for the cable in the mail. Could you explain what went wrong when you used it?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I installed a Forge Atmospheric by-pass valve on my car, it threw rough idles and negative fuel trims because the valve stayed open all the time. This is very clear when data logged, unfortunately I did not have anyone but them to send data logs to at the time. Trusting them. They; instead of telling me of the very obvious problem, and how to rectify it to avoid causing harm to my car, created a tune that worked around it, hiding the symptoms. My car ran on that by-pass valve and tune for over a year, and finally when I switched to BNR because I was upset with the lack of power made, the very first data log I sent him - minutes later Jerry (BNR) messaged me back saying "you have a valve staying open, causing you loss of power and very negative fuel trims" So I removed the by pass valve, to discover it covered in sludge/oil. You could imagine how upset I was to find it like that, it would of been noticed sooner if the symptoms were allowed to be seen/felt. Luckly, we fixed it (by getting rid of the by pass valve and putting the stock one back on) and now my car is making the most power it's ever made (on his tune), however we are unsure of what hidden damages may lay within from running on their crap tune which was hiding this leak. So I can only be fortunate that I made the switch sooner then later, and had an honest tuner tell me what was happening to my car. Trifecta would of just let the thing continually leak oil until the turbo blew. I sent them logs, and they said "everything looks good". **** them, so glad I made the switch. How do I know they covered it up? because we data logged the tune they had me on and he looked at it and saw what they tweaked to make the car work around the leak/open valve. Not to mention when you contact them with negative feedback they will completely ignore you. Good luck getting anything resolved.

sludge.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts