Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title reads I bought a 2012 Cruze 1Lt yesterday. Everything was going fine. I drive it home and go in to eat lunch and after that I come back out to discover a pool of oil under the car. WTF!!!! I say! I popped the hood to discover an oil leak somewhere on the L/H side of the motor. Can't really tell where it's coming from though because of the belly pan. Needless to say I called the dealer and had it towed. This is very aggravating for me. I am 25 yrs. old and saved enough money to buy my very first brand new car and as soon as I get it home this is what I get???? Very Frustrated!!!! Anyways if you guys can give me any input on this I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks Again!

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Hopefully they will compensate you for your plight by throwing in a few free oil changes. Also, I hope they put you into a rental car on their dime in the meantime.

Also, it's a new car, and things break. That's why there's a warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Yikes, sorry to hear about that. Keep us posted on what is found. I'm curious on this one. Regardless, congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. It's just frustrating!!! I read a few posting about the 2011 Cruze had crankshaft seal issues. Apparently they put them in backwards at the factory. They put me in a 2012 sonic. It's an alright car but it's not a cruze.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
You have EVERY right to be very frustrated. Be firm with the dealer, don't let them give you any ****. GM has a habbit of trying to screw any customer that will let them, don't settle for anything you aren't satisfied with. Good luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm heading to the dealer in the morning once I get off work. I'm basically going to tell them that I want another car and that I don't feel comfortable driving a car that had a major problem within the first 30 miles and that IDK what else could go wrong with the car. What do you guys think? Is this too much to ask for?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm heading to the dealer in the morning once I get off work. I'm basically going to tell them that I want another car and that I don't feel comfortable driving a car that had a major problem within the first 30 miles and that IDK what else could go wrong with the car. What do you guys think? Is this too much to ask for?
Not at all. I think you have 3 days to return a car depending on the state. I would ask for a new one as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,228 Posts
No definitely not. I would think that could have happened on a test drive and do you think they would have said: "You broke it you buy it". I am sure they will check the car to see if it is something you could have done to it like hit a curb or something that would have caused such a problem. They may not upgrade you to the next trim level but they should honor your request for a different car esp with so few miles and short of time frame. I would definitely call GM customer service esp if they give you any crap or won't listen. Customer service worked well by me and I had troubles with floor mats but they knew I was very disappointed. They gave me $100 for my troubles

Let us know how it comes out!!!
Good luck
Patman

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I'd definitely want it fixed. If not a new car, a new engine would be in order. Who knows what damage could have occurred if it was leaking quickly enough to leave a puddle visible under the car with just a casual inspection.

Also, think of it as one thing that's not going to fail again on the car!

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Wow! That is disheartening, to say the least.

When you say the leak came from the left hand side of the engine, do you mean the drivers side? If so, that's the side with the oil filter. I can't imagine anything else leaking so bad in a brand new car, other than someone not installing an oil filter or oil filter cap correctly.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
A rotating seal could blow out if incorrectly installed at the factory. Or the torque converter seal could have failed, dumping ATF onto the ground.

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
I'm with Queencity on this one....I would only leave in a different car. As another post stated, you basically barely got a good test drive in, then this happens, c'mon!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts

1902Brooks,
I would like to apologize to you for this experience that you have had with your new Cruze. I understand your frustration. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me your VIN, full name, address, phone number, current mileage and the name of your dealership? I look forward to hearing back from you.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright so I got off work this morning and went to bed. The dealer called me at 10:30a.m. I thought wow that was fast and that it was something easy to fix. Boy was I wrong!!! The service manager told me that I had a crack in the engine block! WHAT!!!!! This car has 30 miles on it!!!! He told me it would be days before a new engine would be installed. I said NO and that I would be at the dealer in 30 minutes! My salesman called me when I was 2 min. away from the dealer. I simply told him that we would talk when I got their. When I stepped into his office I was prepared to go off!!! To my surprise I didn't have to say a word or get mad. I told him their was one other cruze on the lot that was the equivalent to the one I just bought. He went and found the keys and we did the normal test drive (car had 4 miles on it). We came back and parked and he asked if everything was to my liking. I said yes but I want a fine tooth comb ran thru this car before I drive it off the lot. He took it back and had it washed, gassed up and checked out. SO in the end I ended up getting the exact same car no questions asked. I was prepared for the worst. A few of you said to see about a model upgrade but I remembered I chose this one for a reason: it had everything I wanted and nothing I didn't. WHAT A DAY! At least I can finally sleep tonight!

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Wow! Congrats that everything went well for you! Enjoy your Cruze and welcome to the forums.

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Happy to hear. I was getting a blood bubble on the forehead thinking they were going to give you the run around.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.