Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,747 Posts
I am a new Cruze owner, but I'm an experienced automotive tech and I have one important piece of advice for anyone who's reading this, and anyone who experiences a similar situation with any make and model of vehicle. If an engine has run low on oil (especially when new), it has been damaged. Period. The dealer should replace the faulty engine with a complely new long block when the vehicle has low mileage, but the service departments make better numbers ($) by performing repairs and making labor hours. The promised advice is this: don't notice the oil puddle ;). Drive it untill it seizes and destroys the engine completely. I know it sounds painful, but this way you'll get the entirely new engine you deserve, and not some patchwork repair-job with scored internals from oil starvation, that may or may not run properly through the rest of the warranty period. They can't deny you warranty coverage. Just go out on the freeway, blow it up, then call roadside assistance and play dumb. Trust me you'll be way better off in the long run.
I'd want a new car at that point. I do not care for a new "engine".

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.