Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Hopefully they will compensate you for your plight by throwing in a few free oil changes. Also, I hope they put you into a rental car on their dime in the meantime.

Also, it's a new car, and things break. That's why there's a warranty.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I'd definitely want it fixed. If not a new car, a new engine would be in order. Who knows what damage could have occurred if it was leaking quickly enough to leave a puddle visible under the car with just a casual inspection.

Also, think of it as one thing that's not going to fail again on the car!

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
A rotating seal could blow out if incorrectly installed at the factory. Or the torque converter seal could have failed, dumping ATF onto the ground.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Nice! Good on the dealer for making it right!

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Cracked engine block? I'd love to hear how a cast iron block just randomly cracked. Glad to hear you got this sorted out though. Enjoy your new car!
A major casting flaw could have occurred. It was fine to pass the plant inspections, but grenaded once put under more stress than the plant tests did. Even with all the quality controls put in place, somebody is bound to get the 0.01% or whatever tiny percentage of parts that will fail soon after first use. From what I've heard, there 150,000 or more Cruzes on the roads now. That's in barely 2 years of sales. With that many cars, the odds are going to catch up with a few unlucky owners. That's why there are warranties.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
We got a previously-titled "new" car with 300 miles on it, and it's been problem-free. Of course, it was marketed and priced as a used car despite having its factory warranties intact. We gave up a few months of bumper to bumper warranty. As it turned out, we used the warranty exactly twice. The only other time the car visited the dealer was for a recall after it was well out of the B2B warranty.

I'd expect a previously-titled car with a new engine to be marketed and sold as a used "new" car. Same as a washing machine that was repaired under warranty and placed back out onto the sales floor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.