Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I'm heading to the dealer in the morning once I get off work. I'm basically going to tell them that I want another car and that I don't feel comfortable driving a car that had a major problem within the first 30 miles and that IDK what else could go wrong with the car. What do you guys think? Is this too much to ask for?

1902Brooks,
I would like to apologize to you for this experience that you have had with your new Cruze. I understand your frustration. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me your VIN, full name, address, phone number, current mileage and the name of your dealership? I look forward to hearing back from you.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
5,722 Posts
Alright so I got off work this morning and went to bed. The dealer called me at 10:30a.m. I thought wow that was fast and that it was something easy to fix. Boy was I wrong!!! The service manager told me that I had a crack in the engine block! WHAT!!!!! This car has 30 miles on it!!!! He told me it would be days before a new engine would be installed. I said NO and that I would be at the dealer in 30 minutes! My salesman called me when I was 2 min. away from the dealer. I simply told him that we would talk when I got their. When I stepped into his office I was prepared to go off!!! To my surprise I didn't have to say a word or get mad. I told him their was one other cruze on the lot that was the equivalent to the one I just bought. He went and found the keys and we did the normal test drive (car had 4 miles on it). We came back and parked and he asked if everything was to my liking. I said yes but I want a fine tooth comb ran thru this car before I drive it off the lot. He took it back and had it washed, gassed up and checked out. SO in the end I ended up getting the exact same car no questions asked. I was prepared for the worst. A few of you said to see about a model upgrade but I remembered I chose this one for a reason: it had everything I wanted and nothing I didn't. WHAT A DAY! At least I can finally sleep tonight!
1902Brooks,
I completely understand how frustrating this issue was for you. I am very happy to hear that your dealer took care of this for you. Thank you for your feedback. If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,

·
5,722 Posts
I have a 2011 with 22k miles. At 16k the timing chain gasket went- three weeks to fix. At 22k the crankshaft seal went on the freeway at 70+ mph. This caused the serpentine belt to come off- no oil, no water moving. Still 70 MPH in traffic. Got off the road to a motor that had an unusual sound- imagine that. Still waiting to hear how Chevy/dealer will handle this one.
steve4836
I would like to apologize for the issues that you have experienced with your Cruze. I understand that this can be frustrating. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage as well as the name of your dealer? I look forward to hearing back from you.
Thank you,

·
5,722 Posts
I hope you do not have the problems that I have had. At 15K miles the timing chain gasket failed- three weeks to complete the repair. At 21.5K miles the crank seal failed. The oil that leaked caused the serpentine belt to come off. All of this at 70 MPH on the freeway. No oil and no water moving in the engine. By the time I stopped the engine was popping and snapping it was so hot. The dealer made the repairs without telling me what had happened and now GM service states "if the engine is running there was no damage done". GM will not help and the dealer will not go to bat for me- most likely my last GM product.

steve4836,
I would like to look into this for you. If you have already been in contact with Customer Service can you please send me a PM with your Service Request number (SR #)? If you have not been in contact with Customer Service can you please send me a PM with your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealership? I look forward to hearing back from you as well as assisting you with this issue.
Thank you,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.