Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
I have a 2011 with 22k miles. At 16k the timing chain gasket went- three weeks to fix. At 22k the crankshaft seal went on the freeway at 70+ mph. This caused the serpentine belt to come off- no oil, no water moving. Still 70 MPH in traffic. Got off the road to a motor that had an unusual sound- imagine that. Still waiting to hear how Chevy/dealer will handle this one.
On Sunday, when my brother came down from RI with his new 2012 Cruze LT RS that I was dying to drive to compare to my crappy shifting 2011 Cruze LTZ RS, he mentioned that he had to bring in his wife's 2011 Buick Regal because of a timing chain problem. Evidently, when the Regal is first started in the morning, it makes a racket. I believe he said that the timing chain has to be replaced. She only have a few thousand miles on her car. Evidently, the Regal isn't the only car affected?

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
I just checked back on the dealers website that I bought the first car from and they re posted the one with the cracked engine block. I can't believe this!!! VIN #: 1G1PF5SC8C7287481 They have it listed for the same price. This should not be allowed!!!!

ONE more example why they have the reputation they do!

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
If it has a brand new engine with 0 miles on the engine, why not?
Would YOU want to spend THOUSANDS on a car that had a new engine put in by the dealer and being sold at the same price as if it just rolled off the factory line? AND..........MOST LIKELY not being told that it has a new engine!

MAYBE this would be allowed in Chicago where it seems anything goes, but most likely not in any other state!

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
Can't see how this would be legal. It's not like they replaced a gas cap or something. Seems they at least would have to tell people the engine has been replaced.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

In addition, I do NOT believe that they can sell the car for NEW when it was already REGISTERED. Once that happens, it is a USED car and has to be sold as such.

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
Good to hear it worked out.

Source? On another car board I'm on, there's all sorts of (to me) misinformation about returning new cars and lemon laws. For instance, there's no mandated cooling off/return period for cars in WA and CA.

So, I started a thread asking for people to speak up and point to reputable sources stating otherwise for any state. So far, nobody's come forward. :rolleyes:
Here is Connecticut's Lemon Law:

Connecticut Lemon Law Consumer Guide

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.