Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title reads I bought a 2012 Cruze 1Lt yesterday. Everything was going fine. I drive it home and go in to eat lunch and after that I come back out to discover a pool of oil under the car. WTF!!!! I say! I popped the hood to discover an oil leak somewhere on the L/H side of the motor. Can't really tell where it's coming from though because of the belly pan. Needless to say I called the dealer and had it towed. This is very aggravating for me. I am 25 yrs. old and saved enough money to buy my very first brand new car and as soon as I get it home this is what I get???? Very Frustrated!!!! Anyways if you guys can give me any input on this I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks Again!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. It's just frustrating!!! I read a few posting about the 2011 Cruze had crankshaft seal issues. Apparently they put them in backwards at the factory. They put me in a 2012 sonic. It's an alright car but it's not a cruze.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm heading to the dealer in the morning once I get off work. I'm basically going to tell them that I want another car and that I don't feel comfortable driving a car that had a major problem within the first 30 miles and that IDK what else could go wrong with the car. What do you guys think? Is this too much to ask for?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright so I got off work this morning and went to bed. The dealer called me at 10:30a.m. I thought wow that was fast and that it was something easy to fix. Boy was I wrong!!! The service manager told me that I had a crack in the engine block! WHAT!!!!! This car has 30 miles on it!!!! He told me it would be days before a new engine would be installed. I said NO and that I would be at the dealer in 30 minutes! My salesman called me when I was 2 min. away from the dealer. I simply told him that we would talk when I got their. When I stepped into his office I was prepared to go off!!! To my surprise I didn't have to say a word or get mad. I told him their was one other cruze on the lot that was the equivalent to the one I just bought. He went and found the keys and we did the normal test drive (car had 4 miles on it). We came back and parked and he asked if everything was to my liking. I said yes but I want a fine tooth comb ran thru this car before I drive it off the lot. He took it back and had it washed, gassed up and checked out. SO in the end I ended up getting the exact same car no questions asked. I was prepared for the worst. A few of you said to see about a model upgrade but I remembered I chose this one for a reason: it had everything I wanted and nothing I didn't. WHAT A DAY! At least I can finally sleep tonight!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well so far so good everyone. The car has made it 60 miles now with no blown motor. I really believe that it was a freak accident with the engine manufacturer. It just sucks that it had to be me. I am very happy with the car as of right now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I just checked back on the dealers website that I bought the first car from and they re posted the one with the cracked engine block. I can't believe this!!! VIN #: 1G1PF5SC8C7287481 They have it listed for the same price. This should not be allowed!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
If you were looking to buy a new car and you saw this one that had 33 miles on it with a new engine in it wouldn't you question what went wrong with it? They have it listed for the same exact price I paid for it as well. Personally I would not want it.

1 - 8 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.