Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
If it has a brand new engine with 0 miles on the engine, why not?
Would YOU want to spend THOUSANDS on a car that had a new engine put in by the dealer and being sold at the same price as if it just rolled off the factory line? AND..........MOST LIKELY not being told that it has a new engine!

MAYBE this would be allowed in Chicago where it seems anything goes, but most likely not in any other state!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Would YOU want to spend THOUSANDS on a car that had a new engine put in by the dealer and being sold at the same price as if it just rolled off the factory line? AND..........MOST LIKELY not being told that it has a new engine!

MAYBE this would be allowed in Chicago where it seems anything goes, but most likely not in any other state!
Can't see how this would be legal. It's not like they replaced a gas cap or something. Seems they at least would have to tell people the engine has been replaced.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
Can't see how this would be legal. It's not like they replaced a gas cap or something. Seems they at least would have to tell people the engine has been replaced.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

In addition, I do NOT believe that they can sell the car for NEW when it was already REGISTERED. Once that happens, it is a USED car and has to be sold as such.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hope you do not have the problems that I have had. At 15K miles the timing chain gasket failed- three weeks to complete the repair. At 21.5K miles the crank seal failed. The oil that leaked caused the serpentine belt to come off. All of this at 70 MPH on the freeway. No oil and no water moving in the engine. By the time I stopped the engine was popping and snapping it was so hot. The dealer made the repairs without telling me what had happened and now GM service states "if the engine is running there was no damage done". GM will not help and the dealer will not go to bat for me- most likely my last GM product.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I hope you do not have the problems that I have had. At 15K miles the timing chain gasket failed- three weeks to complete the repair. At 21.5K miles the crank seal failed. The oil that leaked caused the serpentine belt to come off. All of this at 70 MPH on the freeway. No oil and no water moving in the engine. By the time I stopped the engine was popping and snapping it was so hot. The dealer made the repairs without telling me what had happened and now GM service states "if the engine is running there was no damage done". GM will not help and the dealer will not go to bat for me- most likely my last GM product.

steve4836,
I would like to look into this for you. If you have already been in contact with Customer Service can you please send me a PM with your Service Request number (SR #)? If you have not been in contact with Customer Service can you please send me a PM with your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealership? I look forward to hearing back from you as well as assisting you with this issue.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
38 Posts
In addition, I do NOT believe that they can sell the car for NEW when it was already REGISTERED. Once that happens, it is a USED car and has to be sold as such.
Once the car has been titled, it can never be sold as a new car again. It has little to do with mileage. As long as the car has under 7,499 miles on the odometer and has never been titled, it is and will be, sold as a new car. Example: The 100,000 mile warranty is prorated to 107,499. The bottom line is, this Cruze if sold will be sold as USED.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sorry you had such a lousy first experience. Don't give up. We bought a brand new 1992 GM truck and it failed less than 1/4 mile from the dealership. However they properly and fully fixed the problem. This coming Sunday will be the 20th anniversary of our buying it and the truck, other than needing new brake pads, plugs, air/oil filters when appropriate, has not had a problem since.

Hope you Cruze gets fixed quickly and properly for you and that your experience is one you are pleased with later.

·
Administrator
15,845 Posts

If they're selling it as brand new, then obviously there's a problem. I would be pretty mad with them as well.

Did you at any point during this process contact GM to have them put in a case for you?

·
Registered
38 Posts
So basically your drive belt popped off? Repairs were covered under warranty free of charge and you have 78,500 of cost free service left. I'm not going to stand in a corner and defend this dealer, but if you feel you have been malnourished by this dealership contact GM! IMO everything is squared away. The only thing I would be stressing out about is what initially caused the gasket/seal failure. Jumping ship on GM after they take care of you, and then cutting a check for a brand new Toyota, Only to find out after your first inevitable service appointment, that the grass really isn't greener on the other side...

Good luck sir

·
Administrator
15,845 Posts
So basically your drive belt popped off? Repairs were covered under warranty free of charge and you have 78,500 of cost free service left. I'm not going to stand in a corner and defend this dealer, but if you feel you have been malnourished by this dealership contact GM! IMO everything is squared away. The only thing I would be stressing out about is what initially caused the gasket/seal failure. Jumping ship on GM after they take care of you, and then cutting a check for a brand new Toyota, Only to find out after your first inevitable service appointment, that the grass really isn't greener on the other side...

Good luck sir
My thoughts exactly.

There are a few people who had a problem or two with their Cruze and went to try to trade it in, only to find that every car they test drove in this segment was inferior and they ended up working to get their Cruze fixed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Maybe at your dealership. Which one is this again so I never go there? kthx.
What part do you find objectionable? You have a full factory warranty, the engine replacement was disclosed in writing. The dealership is being honest and upfront. You have the option NOT to buy that particular vehicle if you choose.

I do not work for GM or at a GM dealership.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.