Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting up the build for my girlfriends Cruze RS 2013.

Haven't accomplished much but the list is kind of heavy and I know we have a ton to do still but it'll get there.

So far, it has been tinted with limo all the way around, with 35% on the windshield,
Taillights tinted black, and corner markers blacked as well,
Bought a used roof rack for her snowboard (weird in az I know) but took it off for now it wasn't fitting correctly and haven't had time to mess with it.

Also purchased 2 12" Rockford p3s subwoofers and amp still need box and wiring , even tho Rockford is all China now, I can get Rockford for cheap and it can be replaced if they blow no matter the circumstance. Will post pictures soon

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
We had a dude come in for a Missouri inspection on his truck with a tinted windshield, had to scrape the old sticker off and the tint came with it, so we had to rewrite his slip since we hadn't noticed it and fail him for it. He came out hooting and hollering about how we had to pay to fix it and pass him, so we called the highway office and they cut it all up and peeled it off, ticketed him and threatened to impound the car. He shut up quick. Probably won't see him at my shop again.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
i tinted my front windshield but i did 85% with the suntech CXP so that way it would reflect heat and keep as much uv light off of me and the interior but no one will ever see the tint

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyways , still haven't touched the woofers. They are still in the box , but have gotten the headliner wrapped in cheetah print and pillars and rear pillars wrapped in black suede , going to be looking into some black stain for the visors and such

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's illegal in all states to apply tint to the entire windshield ... but it's okay to put a strip of a certain "height" across the top of the windshield. My guess is that it's probably enforced by some cop that's having a bad day and hasn't met his/her ticket quota for the month ... kinda like side window tinting. They pretty much leave you alone unless they are having a bad day and get to abuse their power.

Reactions: chevrasaki

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
i tinted my front windshield but i did 85% with the suntech CXP so that way it would reflect heat and keep as much uv light off of me and the interior but no one will ever see the tint
Do you notice much of a difference in having that tint on your windshield compared to an interior sun shade? It would be interesting to see just how much of a difference that would make. I wouldn't want to make my windshield much darker anyway ... too hard to see wildlife at night as it is. But it's those "dead" ones that hop up at the last second you gotta watch out for! Oh sure, they don't look like much, but they sure are good at tearing up the front clip on an Eco

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Do you notice much of a difference in having that tint on your windshield compared to an interior sun shade? It would be interesting to see just how much of a difference that would make. I wouldn't want to make my windshield much darker anyway ... too hard to see wildlife at night as it is. But it's those "dead" ones that hop up at the last second you gotta watch out for! Oh sure, they don't look like much, but they sure are good at tearing up the front clip on an Eco
well i use both haha. when driving the cabin feels noticeably cooler and less ac is needed when i leave work after 8 hours on the black tarmac. the super light tint helps a lot with heat on your knuckles at 12 in Florida and also helps keep your dash board from taking excessive uva and uvb. i think for the little extra 50-60 they may charge its really worth it. now if your paying an extra 200$ yah not needed but for a little haggling if the front can be done cheaply i would so do it. also have them put in the top 35% strip and the rest clear. i wish i had done so but i like the whole clean look vs the top bar and i have transition lenses

if you do 90 or 85% its soo light it looks like a factory glass

Reactions: Merc6

·
2,168 Posts
I too have noticed, even the 35% side and rear tint I have makes an incredible difference in the levels of heat inside the car. I have the ceramic 3M tint and I love it.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
I too have noticed, even the 35% side and rear tint I have makes an incredible difference in the levels of heat inside the car. I have the ceramic 3M tint and I love it.
3M is great stuff, i wanted the top of the line 3M Crystalline but its way to expensive. so i went with sunteck cxp carbon. My car sits on the dealer lot for 8 hours a day and with the sunshade from amazon thats custom fitted in front, super light 80% tint up front and 35% all around sides and rear, windows cracked just a tiny bit the car is warm when you get in and the leather cool

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Suede cheetah print headliner with black suede pillars and finally pictures of the painted windows , blacked tails corner lights and bowties , been slacking on this post but finally getting around to it. Thinking its going to end up on BC coilovers but I'm struggling to find some cruze cars on 19x9.5 wheels everybody seems to run 18s also struggling to decide on what offset I need. Decided on some Watercooled Industries for the wheels

·
2,254 Posts
Wow. That headliner is very unique!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
that headliner!! Very neat! Car looks great! makes me wish i wouldn't have let the dealer put the front license plate bracket on!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I wasn't aware there was a much cooler foreign front bumper until about yesterday I'd rather have that one

·
10,712 Posts
Well I wasn't aware there was a much cooler foreign front bumper until about yesterday I'd rather have that one

Thingabout those is their crash ratings are different so they may or may not fit w/o their support beam swap or modifying/compromise the US one.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts