Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my check engine light came on about a week ago (fyi there is a fuse that can just be pulled to turn off check engine light #52 if like me you find annoying till the problem is fixed) it read p0443 purge control valve 3 times. i changed the part and cleared light, however on second start the light is back on with 3 same codes. look at the valve and see one of the connector wires broke from the connector. has anyone had this happen and what to do about it?

IMG_0008.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just dealt with this and making a post in case anyone stumbles across it.
Had the P0443 DTC for a bit and replaced the purge control valve. Cleared the check engine light but it came back on with the same code. After looking on the internet for hours, trying a few diy troubleshoot tips from youtube, I came across a couple posts about broken electrical connector wires. Decided to check one last time before taking it to the mechanic and sure enough the frigging wire popped off when I gave it a little jiggle. (had taken the connector off at least a half-a-dozen times while trying to figure things out, but the wire never came loose... so check them and don't just give them a look) Now that I found out what was wrong, trying to get a frigging replacement connector/harness seemed all but impossible. (more internet hours wasted) Finally just snipped the non-broken wire and removed the connector for a good look. This is the part you might be looking for but you will need to buy terminals and seals also.
Bosch 1928405522
Terminals 1928498059
Seals 1928300599
Only site I could find to order them from was Chief Enterprises
(forum would not allow me to add a link, sorry. Just do a search)
Cost was about $22 with shipping and will take a little diy to assemble/repair (I plan on doing some soldering just to make sure)
Hope this helps someone else save their time/frustration dealing with this problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts