Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...I purchased at 2013 Cruze and have discovered that while the visors have lights in them, they don't work as the covers are missing, and I am assuming that the switch to turn the lights on, are activated when the (missing) cover is lifted...Am I correct in this assumption?

Outside of buying new visors, or locating covers at a pick your part location, is there anyway, that anyone knows, how to switch the lights on when needed, or desired?

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
Yes, they turn on when the cover is lifted. There is no other switch. You'll either have to repair it, or add a switch of your own. Or maybe both (someone might have killed the power to them when the covers broke off).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they turn on when the cover is lifted. There is no other switch. You'll either have to repair it, or add a switch of your own. Or maybe both (someone might have killed the power to them when the covers broke off).
So if they were broken off, would light switch then be in the on position?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
So if they were broken off, would light switch then be in the on position?
Good question. I have a broken one as well, on my 2013, but it's not lighted.

My best guess is that when the door opens, it pushes a spring closing the switch (rather than releasing a switch to make the connection). So, in this case, missing=OFF instead of ON.

Doug

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
Not sure. It might. I've never needed to dig around that area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts