Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've looked through the forum and have only found one thread about the Blind Spot Monitoring system going out on the passenger side but did not see anything about how they fixed it. My cruze 1lt's BSM is completely out on the right side at 45k miles and is coming up with the "Service System" message on the car monitor screen. I tried spraying out the car under the rear fascia as best as i could just in case there was salt,sand, or snow on it but its still not working. For about three days it would just falsely flash while driving, for one day it just stayed on for the whole driving time and when the car was completely off. Now the right side doesn't come on at all. The left side is working perfectly. Has anyone had this happen and have had it fixed? how much did it cost? did you do it yourself or take it in to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
There's been a number of threads about modules that have to be replaced. They're in a nasty spot getting exposed to the weather. Apparently, they're not as weather-tight as they should be.

As I recall, they have to be re-programmed. So it's not a simple swap out.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Common problem in the snowbelt.

I've had both left and right replaced. My father has had the right replaced on his XTS. All were covered at no charge by GMPP.

Replacement module must be programmed to the car.

GM repair procedure seems to require that the connector be removed, cleaned and packed with dielectric grease. Only after that fails to work will the module be replaced.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, Tomko! I just wanted to know what i was going to expect at the dealer on Monday when i have it booked in. Hopefully the first quick fix works so i don't have the cost of them reprogramming a module

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where is the blind spot module located, I've been having this same issue on 13 6MT eco for quite a while and I don't think it would hurt to try and clean the connection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts